Welcome to Hawk Hill! Now that you’ve made the commitment to be a Hawk, you’re probably excited to figure out where you’ll live this fall. Where will your residence hall be located? What will your room look like? Will it be a traditional room or a suite or a campus house?
The following pages outline the housing selection process for incoming freshmen. Please review this information carefully:
Please be aware, the Office of Residence Life cannot predict or control information shared through Facebook and other social media. All information regarding Housing Agreements, Roommate Profiles and Housing Selection can be accessed through The Nest. Outside organizations that are not accessible through this channel are not sponsored by or affiliated with Saint Joseph's University or the Office of Residence Life.
Step 1: Complete Housing Agreement
All new hawks (incoming freshmen) may complete a Housing Agreement starting on Tuesday, May 17, 2016. Students who submit an agreement by the established deadline of May 27, 2016 will be included in the initial assignment of selection times. Housing Agreements may still be completed after this date. Agreements should be completed online by logging into the New Hawks Portal or The Nest (nest.sju.edu).
- Enter your username and password in the Secured Access Login box on the The Nest home page.
- Within the “New Hawks Portal”, select “Complete Housing Agreement” located in the "To Do” List.
Please note that the housing agreement is a binding agreement for the entire 2016-2017 academic year and students will not be released except for extraordinary circumstances.
Step 2: View Selection Time & Search Rooms
- On June 15, 2016, all incoming freshmen who have completed the housing agreement will be able to log into The Nest to view their randomly assigned Housing Selection Date and Time.
- Also on June 15, 2016, incoming freshmen can begin to use the room search feature in the housing selection module in The Nest. This feature offers students an opportunity to view all available bed spaces. Once students begin making housing selections fewer spaces will appear as available.
Step 3: Selection Your Room
- Housing Selection for incoming freshmen will take place from July 18-July 22, 2016. This is when students will select their room for the 2016-17 academic year.
- On their designated selection date and time, students will be able to log-in and select a housing assignment through our online system. Freshmen students will have the option to select as an individual or with a roommate(s) to fill a room to capacity. Please be aware that our system only allows the selection of room spaces - Students may not select to fill an entire suite at one selection time.
For more information or if you have a question please contact the Office of Residence Life, Lafarge Hall (610) 660-1060 ( Reslife@sju.edu )