The Wellness, Alcohol & Drug Education (WADE) Program advocates for a campus community that supports and empowers students to make healthy lifestyles choices thus fostering academic success and a safer and healthier campus community. Through peer education and collaboration with campus and community organizations, WADE provides outreach and support to empower students to make informed and responsible decisions throughout their lives.
All First Year & Transfer Students are required to complete the Think About It Online Course.
Part 1 is due in August, Part 2 is due in December and Part 3 is due in February.
All due dates and instructions will be emailed to your SJU email address.
All Adult Students are encouraged to complete Think About It for Adults.
Instructions will be sent to your SJU email address.
This course only contains Part 1 which takes roughly 30 minutes to complete.
FOR ALL SJU STUDENTS:
View Student Health 101: Student Health 101 Newsletter
Text SJU to 40691 to receive this newsletter on your phone!
FOR SJU PARENTS:
View Parent Edition of Student Health 101: Parent Perspective
Register to receive via e-mail monthly: HERE
View the SH101 Orientation Issue specifically made for incoming freshman: Orientation Edition
View the SH101 Orientation Issues Parent Perspective Edition: Orientation Parent Perspective
Faculty & Staff: Register to receive both the student version and the parent version monthly via email: HERE
The Wellness, Alcohol & Drug Education (WADE) Program provides the following services for the campus community:
- Resources and referrals for the entire campus community on wellness, alcohol and other drug issues including support for those in recovery
- Campus wide events and prevention programs including annual awareness weeks which are full of educational activities focused on a variety of wellness topics and often done in collaboration with Peer Educators or other students groups, SJU departments and community resources
- Individual brief assessments around alcohol and drug use; to make an appointment with WADE for a brief assessment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group educational classes focused on low to no-risk choices around alcohol and other drug; Sign up today for Community Living or IMPACT
- Connections to events occurring on and off campus that are fun and free: Join the Weekender Listserv
- Trainings and workshops for student groups about wellness, alcohol other drugs issues including violence: Request a Workshop
- Resources for Faculty including classroom support and guest lecturer options for topics related to wellness, alcohol and other drug issues including violence
- Resources for Parents including facts and tips on how to talk to your student about alcohol, drugs and healthy relationships and the Student Health 101: Parent Perspective magazine
- Educational awareness campaigns such as the iCARE Campaign which is about how to help a friend in need
- Continual evaluation of best practices in the field to ensure we are providing top notch services to our students. Review our Drug Free Schools & Community Act Biennial Review for 2012-2014
Follow us on Twitter! @SJUwade212
Have questions or concerns? Contact us
Or submit an anonymous question and see responses on our website.