The Peer Educators are a diverse group of student leaders, trained through the Wellness, Alcohol & Drug Education (WADE) program and inspired by the Jesuit ideal of cura personalis (care of the whole person). Peer Educators empower others to make positive decisions in order to live healthy lifestyles, by providing a judgment-free environment through collaborative wellness-based educational initiatives to create an informed community.
"I love how we can have an impact on people through programs and events and we are a support system for our peers." - Lauren Davies, Peer Educator, Class of 2014
Peer Educators provide the following services for the SJU campus community:
- Workshops for student groups or classes including Party Smart, Hooking Up, Alcohol’s Impact and Drug Jeopardy Request a Workshop Here
- Educational passive campaigns around high risk times such as Halloween and St. Patty’s Day
- Campus-wide events such as the Addiction Speak Out
- Collaborations with other student organizations or departments to educate the campus community
- Awareness Weeks full of activities and information focused on a variety of wellness topics such as alcohol awareness week, eating disorder awareness week and more!
Peer Educators are highly trained student leaders and are examples of healthy behavior. They have fun through helping others in their community to realize a satisfying and productive lifestyle. By joining Peer Educators, you will gain skills that will transfer into any professional setting. Here is what you can expect to gain from joining Peer Educators:
- Training and knowledge related to wellness, alcohol and other drug education
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with other campus offices and student groups
- Public speaking skills through facilitating workshops to groups or in classrooms
- Experience in planning, coordinating and implementing small and large scale events
- Leadership skills including written and verbal communication and team work
- Community outreach, community service and campus involvement
- Friends and an SJU family that will support you!
Apply to be a Peer Educator! CLICK HERE
Want more information on Peer Education? SJU Peer Educator Position Description
Request a Workshop: CLICK HERE