Student Life Mission Statement
Committed to our Catholic Jesuit tradition and guided by our Ignatian values, we empower our students to create a supportive and transformative educational experience. We provide challenging opportunities for the holistic development of students so that they may become servant leaders who discern goals, focus on social justice, appreciate diversity and lead lives of faith and purpose.Collapse all | Expand all
- Students will articulate what it means to be educated at a Jesuit institution.
- Students will be men and women who experience a “faith that does justice.”
- Students will engage in a critical exploration of their faith and spirituality.
- Students will recognize the impact their behaviors and actions have on those around them in light of the moral imperative, “Love one another, as I have loved you.”
- Students will develop the ability to express their faith/spirituality.
- Students will interact with people different than themselves in order to appreciate their own identity/culture and the identity/culture of others.
- Students will develop an ability to acknowledge and confront barriers to equality and inclusiveness.
- Students will seek out and develop an appreciation of art, music, and forms of expression by those different from themselves.
- Students will understand the interconnectedness of societies worldwide.
- Students will articulate the advantages and impact of a diverse society.
- Students will develop meaningful, lasting relationships.
- Students will learn strategies to achieve life balance.
- Students will care for themselves in a healthy and holistic manner.
- Students will develop proactive strategies in dealing with challenges.
- Students will initiate a career search or seek advanced education.
- Students will articulate their leadership strengths and skills.
- Students will mentor others toward engaging in and contributing to the quality of campus life.
- Students will collaborate with others in order to achieve goals.
- Students will demonstrate effective stewardship of human, economic and environmental resources.
- Students will articulate a vision for their organization and set challenging and attainable goals.
- Students will employ self-reflection to gain personal insight.
- Students will identify personal strengths and weaknesses and take action accordingly.
- Students will take personal responsibility for their choices/actions.
- Students will act in congruence with personal identity, ethical, spiritual and moral values.
- Students will use self-knowledge to set challenging, yet realistic professional goals.