Congratulations! It's official. Now that you've been admitted to Saint Joseph's University, here's everything you need to know to become a Hawk.
Next Steps for freshmen students entering in Fall Semester of 2014.
Let us know that you are coming!
- Submit your non-refundable enrollment deposit ($500 for resident students or $250 for commuting students)
Join the SJU network
- Get to know other admitted students and your future classmates on the SJU Class of 2018 Facebook group. It's a great way to make friends before Orientation. And you might even find your roommate.
- Follow along with the excitement on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #sjudecision.
- After depositing, you will receive a SJU username and password information to the email address listed on your application for admission.
- Once you receive your SJU username and password, please log-in to MySJU and view the New Hawks tab and complete tasks in the next steps checklist. Within the New Hawks tab you will find detailed information on housing, health insurance, financial information and academic resources.
- If you want to defer your offer of admission to another semester, please complete this form.
Complete your paperwork
- Financial Assistance (US Citizens only): File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
SJU FAFSA Code: 003367
Contact your undergraduate admission counselor for questions on Financial Assistance.
- I-20 Processing (Non-US Citizens only): Contact the Center for International Programs at CIP@sju.edu for information on I-20 processing.
- If you have taken college level courses while in high school, and you wish to transfer that credit to SJU, you should complete this Transfer Credit Request form in order for us to make sure the course meets our criteria. The Incoming freshmen should submit this form, along with an official college transcript, and a syllabus or course description by August 1st. You can read more about Advanced Placement credit and International Baccalaureate credit on our External Credits page.
- Tell your school counselor that you're coming to SJU and ask that your final high school transcript be submitted.
Get your financial facts
- After you have received your financial aid award in the mail go to the admitted student financial aid page for your checklist and next steps to become a Hawk. Financial aid awards were mailed in the third week of March. If you have questions about your financial aid, please contact your admissions counselor.
Show your pride
- Tell the world you're a Hawk - your way. Vote for your favorite SJU Class of 2018 design. We'll send you the winner to you on a car window cling. So vote early and get ready to start sporting your Hawk pride! Cast your vote by May 15, 2014 on our SJU Class of 2018 Facebook group.
- Parents can join the Class of 2018 Parent Facebook group.
- Get your SJU gear to let the world know that you're now a Hawk!