Are you a Hawk? SJU Student Profile
2012 SJU first-year student profile:
- Middle 50% GPA: 3.20 – 3.88 on a 4.00 scale
- Middle 50% SAT: 1070 – 1230 out of 1600 point scale
(critical reading and math sections)
- Middle 50% ACT: 23 – 28 out of 36 points
- 53% female
- 47% male
Top five states: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Maryland
Countries represented: Botswana, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ecuador, France, Germany, Honduras, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and Venezuela
Rankings & Distinctions
U.S. News & World Reports ranked Saint Joseph’s University #8 among 193 master’s universities in the north.
The Princeton Review ranked the Haub School of Business as one of the Best 290 Business Schools.
The Haub School of Business is accredited by AACSB International in both Business and Accounting, less than 5% of business schools worldwide meet this dual standard of excellence. The international honor society serving AACSB-accredited schools is Beta Gamma Sigma. Saint Joseph’s University was named the 2012 Gold Chapter, the highest recognition a collegiate chapter can earn through Beta Gamma Sigma International. Haub has consistently been ranked as one of the top chapters in the world.
Saint Joseph’s University is proud to have a Phi Beta Kappa chapter, which is the oldest America honors society devoted to recognizing and advancing excellence in the arts and sciences. In addition, we sponsor chapters of sixteen discipline-specific honor societies.
Freshman Application Process
Early Action: November 15th
Regular Decision: February 1st
Saint Joseph's University recognizes that it may be difficult for many of our students affected by the recent storms to meet the November 15 Early Action Deadline. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will work with any student impacted by the storm who wishes to be considered through Early Action but can't meet the deadline to ensure they receive full consideration for admission and scholarships. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Early Action: December 25th
Regular Decision: March 15th
Students may apply using the Common Application or the Saint Joseph's Online Application. If you prefer to submit a paper application, you may download the print ready application here. In addition the following are required:
- Application fee ($60) If you prefer to pay the application fee online click here
- Official high school transcript
- Official SAT (SJU code 2801) or ACT (SJU code 3684) scores
- Letter of recommendation from guidance counselor or teacher
- Supplement Form (for students completing the paper version of the Common Application)
- Social security number is required on the application for admission if applying for federal financial aid with a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA)
For detailed instructions on homeschool and GED admission policies, please select the link that describes you: