Are you a Hawk?
Admitted transfer student requirements:
- a minimum of 12 transferable credits
- typically, students with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher are considered for admission
- typical recipients of transfer scholarships have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
Rankings & Distinctions
- U.S. News & World Report’s consistently ranks Saint Joseph’s among “America’s Best Colleges.” In the Regional Universities/North category, SJU is #11.
- Saint Joseph’s is one of only 283 schools to have a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest American honor society for the arts and sciences.
- The Haub School of Business is accredited by AACSB in Business and Accounting. Less than five perfect of business schools worldwide meet this standard of excellence.
- Payscale named the Haub School of Business #4 (out of 1,500 business schools) for return on investment.
Transfer Admission Process
Transfer applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year and qualified applicants will receive an admission decision approximately two weeks after their application is complete.
Students may choose to complete either the Common Application or the Saint Joseph's Online Application. If you prefer to submit a paper application, you may download the print ready application here. In addition, the following are required:
- Application fee ($60)
- Official high school transcript with date of graduation
- Transfer Registrar's report form
- Official college transcript from each institution attended.
- Course syllabi from all college level courses taken.
- Please reference our new test optional policy, which applies to any applicant for the fall 2014 semester.
- Social security number is required on the application for admission if applying for federal financial aid with a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA).
Transfer students will be reviewed for merit-based scholarships based upon their cumulative grade point average from their previous college(s). Saint Joseph's also awards the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship to those students actively involved in the two-year academic honor society. Phi Theta Kappa membership certification may be requested by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Visit the scholarships section of the website for more information on financial assistance.
Wondering about what credits will transfer? Here are some helpful links:
Transferring from a community college?Saint Joseph’s University has partnered with community colleges in order to make the experience for transfer students more seamless and efficient. These partnerships allow students to acquire an Associates Degree and then transfer to SJU in the fall of their junior year and complete a Bachelors Degree. See SJU's Articulation Agreements now.
Contact your Transfer Admissions counselor