Are you a Hawk? Admitted transfer student requirements:
- a minimum of 12 transferable credits
- typically, students with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher are considered for admission
- typical recipients of transfer scholarships have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- 53% female
- 47% male
Top five states: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Maryland
Countries represented: Botswana, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ecuador, France, Germany, Honduras, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and Venezuela
Rankings & Distinctions
U.S. News & World Reports ranked Saint Joseph’s University #8 among 193 master’s universities in the north.
The Princeton Review ranked the Haub School of Business as one of the Best 290 Business Schools.
The Haub School of Business is accredited by AACSB International in both Business and Accounting, less than 5% of business schools worldwide meet this dual standard of excellence. The international honor society serving AACSB-accredited schools is Beta Gamma Sigma. Saint Joseph’s University was named the 2012 Gold Chapter, the highest recognition a collegiate chapter can earn through Beta Gamma Sigma International. Haub has consistently been ranked as one of the top chapters in the world.
Saint Joseph’s University is proud to have a Phi Beta Kappa chapter, which is the oldest America honors society devoted to recognizing and advancing excellence in the arts and sciences. In addition, we sponsor chapters of sixteen discipline-specific honor societies.
Transfer Admission Process
Students may choose to complete either the Common Application or the Saint Joseph's Online Application. If you prefer to submit a paper application, you may download the print ready application here. In addition, the following are required:
- Application fee ($60) Pay the online application fee here.
- Official high school transcript with date of graduation
- Transfer recommendation form
- Official college transcript from each institution attended.
- Course syllabi from all college level courses taken.
- SAT or ACT scores are required for applicants with less than 24 earned transferable credits
- Supplement Form (for students completing the paper version of the Common Application)
- Social security number is required on the application for admission if applying for federal financial aid with a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA).
Transfer students will be reviewed for merit-based scholarships based upon their cumulative grade point average from their previous college(s). Saint Joseph's also awards the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship to those students actively involved in the two-year academic honor society. Phi Theta Kappa membership certification may be requested by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Visit the scholarships section of the website for more information on financial assistance.
Wondering about what credits will transfer? Here are some helpful links:
Transferring from a community college?Saint Joseph’s University has partnered with community colleges in order to make the experience for transfer students more seamless and efficient. These partnerships allow students to acquire an Associates Degree and then transfer to SJU in the fall of their junior year and complete a Bachelors Degree. See SJU's Articulation Agreements now.
Contact your Transfer Admissions counselor