Homeschooling has become an increasingly popular option for families and we expect to see a rise in the number of home schooled students applying for admission to the university. One reason families choose to homeschool their children is the ability to provide an individualized curriculum. Our small class sizes, emphasis on the well-being of the whole person and community support network will make Saint Joseph’s University attractive to the homeschooling population. Due to the fact that the homeschool curriculum can be customized for each student, Saint Joseph’s has established guidelines in order to ensure that we find the appropriate academic match and social fit for each applicant.
Apply to SJU: link coming soon
Each home schooled applicant for admission is required to submit the following for review:
- Two letters of recommendation from someone outside of the applicant’s immediate family
- One letter should be from an evaluator that will be able to assess the student’s academic ability.
- The second letter should attest to the student’s after school or extracurricular activities.
- Homeschool transcript from grades 9-12
- Course outlines or syllabi
- Portfolios, graded papers and/or tests are recommended
- A Homeschool Supplement form to be completed by the adult educator or homeschool program.
- Standardized test scores. Home schooled students may not be test optional.