Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing N-12 Certification Online
The Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of School Leadership and Teacher Quality, has granted approval of Saint Joseph’s University’s Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing N-12 Certification Online. This certification leads to the PA Hearing Impaired N-12 Certification.
This program prepares educators for certification and to acquire the competencies specifically needed to support learning and development in children with hearing loss. As such, it is ideally suited for:
- Special education teachers seeking an additional certification
- General education teachers with an interest in becoming a teacher of students who are deaf and hard of hearing
- General education teachers with deaf or hard of hearing students in their classrooms
- Bachelor’s level professionals or paraprofessionals who are seeking initial certification and certification as a teacher of students who are deaf and hard of hearing *
- Related service personnel (e.g. Speech/Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists) who wish to become teachers of students who are deaf and hard of hearing *
- Sign Language interpreters who wish to become teachers of students who are deaf and hard of hearing *
* These individuals’ credentials will be individually evaluated and additional pedagogy coursework may be required.