Results and Outcomes
The world functions on the movement of money, placing accountants in extremely high demand. A bachelor’s degree in accounting can lead to numerous careers in business, government, insurance and a wide range of other fields.
Accounting graduates from Saint Joseph’s are no exception. They have gone on to successful careers on many levels. Some of the positions recent graduates have accepted include:
- Accountant: Analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Auditor: Examines and analyzes accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
- Credit Analyst: Analyzes current credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Prepares reports with this credit information for use in decision‐ making.
- Tax Analyst: Determines tax liability or collects taxes from individuals or business firms according to prescribed laws and regulations.
Our graduates have also started their careers as consultants, corporate accountants, financial advisors and financial management officers, among many other jobs. Your potential job path is only limited by your imagination.
Well-known businesses continue to recruit and hire Saint Joseph’s accounting graduates on an annual basis. Among the more recent are:
- Amper, Politziner & Mattia
- Asher & Company, Ltd.
- Briggs, Bunting & Dougherty LLP
- Brinker, Simpson & Co., LLC
- Cadient Group
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Citigroup Credit Suisse
- U.S. Department of Revenue
- Drucker & Scaccetti, PC
- Ernst & Young
- Fishbein & Company
- PC Grant Thornton LLP
- Kreischer Miller
- Novak Francella LLP
- PENN Capital Management
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Philly Fellows
- SEI Investments
- Simon & Schuster, Inc.
- The Siegfried Group, LLP
- United States Marine Corps
- Wawa, Inc.
- Weichert Realtors
Other students choose to take their education to the next level and enter graduate school. Recent undergraduates have gone on to further study at, among other institutions, LaSalle University, Rutgers University, San Diego State University, State University of New York, Temple University, the University of Notre Dame and Villanova University.
Perhaps most notably, high-demand professions such as accounting typically bring attractive salaries. In the most recent survey year (2012)1, the average starting salary for a Saint Joseph’s accounting graduate was $53,700.
Chosen Career Paths
1Based on 17 respondents to CDC survey