Anne Fetherston, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Office: Post Hall 115
Phone: (610) 660-2965
Fax: (610) 660-3359
Dr. Fetherston started her career working with children who have Autism at the Princeton Child Development Institute. She subsequently earned a Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders (Speech-Language Pathology) from Montclair State University and completed her Ph.D. in Psychology (Learning Processes and Behavior Analysis subprogram) at the Graduate School and University Center of the City of New York. Dr. Fetherston is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral and a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of NJ. Prior to joining St. Joseph’s University she provided intervention based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to various populations, including individuals with Autism, ADHD, conduct disorder, and language learning disabilities. She has supervised in-home and residential intervention programs for both children and adults with Autism. She has also worked with individuals recovering from Traumatic Brain Injury. Dr. Fetherston has published in Research in Developmental Disabilities and in the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis. She has been teaching at the college level since 2005 and joined the faculty at St. Joseph’s University in 2015.
• B.A. Drew University (1993) Psychology
• M.A. Montclair State University (2000) Communication Sciences and Disorders
• M.A. Queens College (2006) Psychology
• M.Phil. The Graduate School and University Center of the City of New York (2008) Philosophy of Psychology
• Ph.D. The Graduate School and University Center of the City of New York (2010) Psychology
- 2002-2015 Consultant in Applied Behavior Analysis, New York and New Jersey
- 2013-2014 Program Director, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Robins’ Nest, Glassboro, NJ.
- 2012-2013 Behavior Analyst, Salem County Center for Autism, Pennsville, NJ.
- 2011-2012 State Coordinator of Behavior Services, Devereux NJ, West Deptford, NJ
- 2010-2011 Behavior Analyst, Belleville Public Schools, Belleville, NJ.
- 2002-2007 In-home Program Coordinator and Speech-Language Pathologist, Sunny Days Early Intervention and Oxford Consulting Services, Manalapan, NJ.
- 1999-2001 Coordinator of Clinical Program, New York Project, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Division of Cognitive Neurology, Department of Neurology, Baltimore, MD.
- 1996-2005 Behavior Consultant, The New Jersey Center for Outreach and Services for the Autism Community, Inc. (COSAC), Ewing, NJ.
- 1994-1996 Therapist, Princeton Child Development Institute, Princeton, NJ.
Advanced Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (online)
Alcohol Drugs and Society
Applied Behavior Analysis and Autism Treatment
Behavior Assessment and Measurement
Concepts of Mental Health
Learning and Behavior Analysis
Mental Health and Society
Mental Retardation/Intellectual Disabilities
Social Skills in Autism (online)
Clinical Behavior Analysis
Psychosocial Aspects of Chronic Illness and Disability
Social Determinants of Mental Health
Dr. Fetherston has published articles in Research in Developmental Disabilities, Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, and Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders
Research interests include Behavioral Skills Training and Behavioral Activation Treatment for depression.