Brendan Sammon, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. The Catholic University of America
- M.A. (Theo.) Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- M.A. (Rel. St.) Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- B.A. Loyola University Maryland
Member of the American Academy of Religion, The Catholic Theological Society of America, The American Catholic Philosophical Association, The Metaphysical Society of America, The American Society of Aesthetics; Reviews Editor for the journal Radical Orthodoxy: Theology, Philosophy, and Politics
TH 154 Faith and Justice in the Catholic Tradition
TH 350 The Beauty of God
TH 370 Theology of Disability
TH 355 Beauty and Consciousness at the Movies
- The God Who is Beauty: Beauty as a Divine Name in Thomas Aquinas and Dionysius the Areopagite (Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2013)
- Called to Attraction: An Introduction to the Theology of Beauty (Eugene, OR: Cascade, 2017)
- Co-editor William Desmond and Contemporary Theology (South Bend, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 2017).
- “Theology, Art, and the Beautiful Bridging of Difference,” in Theology Syndicate, Oct/Nov, 2014.
- “The Reawakening of the Between: William Desmond and Reason’s Intimacy with Beauty,” in William Desmond and Contemporary Theology (South Bend, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 2017)
- “Beauty and the Good in Dionysius the Areopagite,” in Beauty and the Good: Past Interpretations and Their Contemporary Relevance. Edited by Alice Ramos, forthcoming.
- “Redeeming Chenu: A Reconsideration of the Neoplatonic Influence on Aquinas’s Summa Theologiae” Heythrop Journal, forthcoming.
- “Hillbillies at the Gates: Frederick Christian Bauerschmidt’s Thomas Aquinas: Faith, Reason, and Following Christ,” Radical Orthodoxy: Theology, Philosohpy, and Politics, Vol. 3, no. 1 (Sept. 2015), 88–103.
Systematic and Historical Theology; Theological Aesthetics; Metaphysics/Philosophiscal Theology; Theological Anthropology; Theology of Disability