Ernest Baskin, Ph.D.
Dr. Ernest Baskin is an expert in consumer behavior and marketing research. His research focuses on consumer judgment and decision making with a particular interest in consumption decisions as well as consumer biases and context effects using experimental methodology and survey design. His work has been published in top tier journals such as the Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal of Marketing Research, Appetite, European Journal of Marketing and the Journal of Business Research. He has been extensively covered in the popular press in outlets such as the ranging from print sources such as the Chicago Tribune, CNNMoney, and the Atlantic to blogs such as Lifehacker and Nerdwallet. He is often a featured expert on both television and radio.
He has worked extensively with a variety of firms on major marketing and behavioral initiatives, including Google and Pepsico. Prior to joining Saint Joseph's, Ernest worked as a marketing consultant at ZS Associates in Philadelphia, PA and advised on marketing efforts, market research and mergers for a number of major pharmaceutical companies. He holds a Bachelors of Science in Economics and a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology from the University of Pennsylvania and a Ph.D. from the Yale School of Management.
Ph.D., Marketing, Yale School of Management, Yale University
M.Phil, Marketing, Yale School of Management, Yale University
M.A., Marketing, Yale School of Management, Yale University
B.S. in Economics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
B.A. in Cultural Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania
- FMK 202 - Overview of the Global Food Industry
- FMK 301 - Food Marketing Research
- FMK 722 - Food Marketing Research
- MKT 202 - Marketing Research
- MKT 602 - Consumer Behavior
Grants and Awards
- Millennials to Watch in Higher Education (2017) - Philadelphia Business Journal
- Morris Grant Recipient 2016-2017
- Yale Center for Customer Insights Fellow
- Paul Green Award Finalist for Best JMR Article in 2014
- Whitebox Advisors Fellow 2011-2012
- AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow 2014
Mentioned in SJU News
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Consumer behavior, marketing research, judgment and decision-making, experimental methodology and survey design