Jodi A. Mindell, Ph.D.
Dr. Jodi A. Mindell, Professor of Psychology and Director of Graduate Psychology at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, is a clinical psychologist specializing in pediatric sleep medicine. Dr. Mindell has written extensively on pediatric sleep disorders and presented over 250 papers at national and international conferences. Her research focuses on assessment and treatment of infant and toddler sleep disturbances, cross-cultural differences in sleep in young children, and the impact of sleep on development. She is the author of Sleeping Through the Night: How Infants, Toddlers, and Their Parents Can Get a Good Night's Sleep (HarperCollins) and co-author of A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Sleep: Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Problems (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins) and Take Charge of Your Child's Sleep: The All-in-One Resource for Solving Sleep Problems in Kids and Teens(Marlowe).
State University of New York at Albany
- Williamson, A. A., Rubens, S. L., Patrick, K. E., Moore, M., & Mindell, J. A. (2017). Differences in sleep patterns and problems by race in a clinical sample of black and white preschoolers. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 13, 1281-1288.
- Mindell, J. A., Leichman, E. S., & Walters, R. (2017). Sleep location and parent-perceived sleep outcomes in older infants. Sleep Medicine, 39, 1-7.
- Mindell, J. A., Leichman, E. S., Lee, C., Willliamson, A. A., & Walters, R. (2017). Implementation of a nightly bedtime routine: How quickly do things improve? Infant Behavior and Development, 49, 220-227.
- Mindell, J. A., Lee, C., & Sadeh, A. (2017). Young child and maternal sleep in the Middle East. Sleep Medicine, 32, 75-82.
- Mindell, J. A., Sedmak, R., Boyle, J., Butler, R., & Williamson, A. (2016). Sleep Well!: An education campaign to improve sleep of disadvantaged children. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 12, 1593-1599.
- Mindell, J. A., Leichman, E. S., Composto, E., Lee, C., Bhullar, B., & Walters, R. (2016). Development of infant and toddler sleep patterns: Real world data from a mobile app. Journal of Sleep Research, 25, 508-516.
- Mindell, J. A., Sadeh, A., Kwon, R., & Goh, D. Y. T. (2015).Relationship between child and maternal sleep: A developmental and cross-cultural comparison in young children. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 40, 689-696.
- Mindell, J. A., Li, A. M., Sadeh, A., Kwon, R., & Goh, D. Y. T. (2015).Bedtime routines for young children: A dose-dependent association with sleep outcomes. Sleep, 38, 717-722.
- Mindell, J. A., Cook, R. A, & Nikolovski, J. (2015). Sleep patterns and sleep disturbances across pregnancy. Sleep Medicine, 16, 483-488.
- Meltzer, L. J., & Mindell, J. A. (2014). Systematic review and meta-analysis of behavioral interventions for pediatric insomnia. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 39, 932-948.
Grants and Awards
Mary A. Carskadon Outstanding Educator Award, Sleep Research Society
Tengelmann Award (excellence in scholarship, teaching, and research), Saint Joseph's University
Mentioned in SJU News
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Pediatric Sleep, Sleep and Family Issues, Sleep Disorders