Kristin Burr, Ph.D.
Office: Bellarmine 320
B.A., College of William and Mary
M.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Ph.D., Washington University in St. Louis
Dr. Burr serves as the advisor for French majors and minors.
Dr. Burr regularly teaches Intermediate French (201-202) and French Conversation (301). She teaches a range of upper-division courses, including French Composition, Current Events in French-Language Media, French Canada, Francophone America, Love and Hatred, and Telling Tales: Short Narratives in Francophone Literature. She also teaches upper-division courses on medieval and Renaissance French literature and culture, such as Love and Desire in Medieval French Literature and Culture, Making Our Voices Heard: French Women Writers of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, and Medieval to Early Modern France.
- Shaping Identity in Medieval French Literature: The Other Within. Co-edited with Adrian P. Tudor. Forthcoming from the University Press of Florida.
- "Ringing True: Shifting Identity in Le Roman de la Violette." Included in Shaping Identity in Medieval French Literature: The Other Within.
- "Hidden in Plain Sight: Heloise in Clive Donner's Stealing Heaven." In Medieval Women in Film. Ed. Kevin J. Harty. Forthcoming from McFarland.
- "Nurturing Debate in Le Roman de Silence." In Founding Feminisms in Medieval Studies: Essays in Honor of E. Jane Burns. Ed. Laine E. Doggett and Daniel E. O'Sullivan. Woodbridge: D.S. Brewer, 2016.
- "Meraugis de Portlesguez and the Limits of Courtliness." In Shaping Courtliness in Medieval France. Ed. Laurie Shepard and Daniel E. O'Sullivan. Woodbridge: D.S. Brewer, 2013.
- "A Model Knight: Gauvain as Objet d'art." In 'Li premerains vers': Essays in Honor of Keith Busby. Ed. Catherine M. Jones and Logan E. Whalen. Amsterdam and New York: Rodopi, 2011.
Thirteenth-Century Old French Verse Romance
The Legend of King Arthur
Gender in Medieval French Literature
Love Tokens in Medieval French Literature
Relics in Medieval French Literature
Technology and Pedagogy