Robert R. Daniel Jr., Ph.D.
- Ph.D., French, Vanderbilt University, 1992.
- M.A., French, University of Alabama, 1988.
- B.A., Communications, University of Alabama, 1983.
Dr. Daniel regularly teaches Intermediate French, advanced conversation and writing courses in French, and a wide variety of upper-division courses in French and Francophone Studies (e.g. French-Caribbean Literature, The Francophone Press, Contemporary Francophone Cinema, Economic and Business French). He also teaches First-Year Seminars, Literature in Translation and interdisciplinary Honors courses in English.
Grants and Awards
Faculty Merit Award, Service, SJU, 2015
Faculty Merit Award, Teaching, SJU, 1995
- The political, social, religious and intellectual history of the July Monarchy (1830-1848)
- Development of curricular materials and frameworks that support non-native language development, cross-cultural understanding and intercultural competence
- Interconnections between evolutionary theory, cultural theory, cognitive science and ethical thinking
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: France, French Culture, Contemporary French-Speaking World, Literature in French, 19th-Century French History