Steven R. Hammer Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Rhetoric, Writing, and Culture, North Dakota State University
- M.A., Mass Communication & Gender Studies, North Dakota State University
- COM200: Communication Theory and Practice
- COM201: Ethics in Communication
- COM202: Visual Rhetorics
- COM472: Digital Storytelling: Video Game Design
- COM472: Digital Storytelling: Audio & Video
- COM473: Physical Computing and Accessibility
- COM473: Audio Design and Production
- COM473: Advanced Web Audio & Video Production
- COM473: Podcast Production
- COM490: Communication Internship
- Hammer, Steven. “Instrument Design, Disability, and DIT (Do-it-Together) Pedagogy.” Re-Programmable Rhetoric: Critical Making Theories and Methods in Digital Rhetoric and Composition. Eds. Anthony Stagliano and Steve Holmes. (In progress)
- Hammer, Steven. “Writing Dirt, Teaching Noise.” Soundwriting Pedagogies: Strategies, Lessons, Practices. Computers and Composition Digital Press. Eds. Courtney Danforth and Kyle Stedman. (In press)
- Hammer, Steven. “The Politics of the (Audio) Interface.” The Routledge Handbook of Digital Writing and Rhetoric. Eds. Jonathan Alexander and Jacqueline Rhodes. (In press)
- Maylath, Bruce, and Steven Hammer. “The Imperative of Teaching Linguistics to Twenty-First-Century Professional Communicators.” Teaching Culture and Communication in Global Contexts. Eds. Kirk St. Amant and Madelyn Flammia. Piscataway, NJ: Wiley/IEEE Press, 2016. Print.
- Hammer, Steven. “Writing (Dirty) New Media/Glitch Composition.” Technoculture 4 (2015). Web. http://tcjournal.org/drupal/vol4/hammer
- Hammer, Steven, and Aimée Knight. “Crafting Malfunction: Rhetoric and Circuit Bending.” Harlot: A Revealing Look at the Arts of Persuasion 14 (2015). Web. http://harlotofthearts.org/index.php/harlot/article/view/261/173
- Sorensen, Karen, Steven Hammer, and Bruce Maylath. “Synchronous and Asynchronous Online International Collaboration: The Trans-Atlantic & Pacific Project.” Connexions 3.1 (2015). Web. https://connexionsj.files. wordpress.com/2015/04/sorensen_hammer_maylath.pdf
- Hammer, Steven. “err0r/no¡se/err0r.” Enculturation (2015). Web. http://www.enculturation.net/error
Grants and Awards
- Summer Research Grant. Saint Joseph’s University. 2017.
- Michael J. Morris Grant for Scholarly Research. Saint Joseph’s University. 2016.
- New Media Art
- Sound Studies
- Digital Media Production
- Disability Studies