Saint Joseph’s University offers a variety of experiential, or hands-on learning opportunities that contribute dynamically to students’ traditional coursework.
- Enroll in the co-op program at SJU and you will graduate with two full-time, paid work opportunities, creating one full year of job experience while you're still in college.
- Food marketing majors can take advantage of a unique five-year food marketing co-op program, aimed at maximizing job opportunities after graduation.
- All students are encouraged to take an internship opportunity (or two) while pursing their degree. The Career Development Center at SJU will help connect you to internship opportunities that meet your goals and interests.
- Accounting majors can also apply for department-run internships with leading public accounting firms and corporate employers.
- Apply your academic course work and make a difference in the community through service learning courses, available to all undergraduate students through the Faith-Justice Institute.
Study Abroad and Study Tours
- Experiencing new places and becoming immersed in a new culture helps students grow into global citizens. SJU's Center for International Programs can help you find a study tour, semester or year-long immersion program.
- Open to CAS and HSB students, the Summer Scholars Program will challenge you to engage in an extended research project under the mentorship of an SJU faculty member and will give you the chance to publically present the results of your work.
The Washington Center
- Through SJU’s relationship with the Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars, you can spend a semester or summer interning in the nation's capital, learning invaluable professional skills while earning academic credit.