Chan Y. Yoo, Ph.D.
Chair and Associate Professor
Chan Y. Yoo (Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin) is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Saint Joseph’s University. Prior to joining to SJU, he has taught at University of Kentucky for 12 years as an Associate Professor of Integrated Strategic Communication. His research focuses on digital advertising and appears in Journal of Advertising, Journal of Interactive Marketing, International Journal of Advertising, Journal of Interactive Advertising, Journal of Current Issues and Research in Advertising, Journal of Marketing Communications, Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly, among others.
- Ph.D. The University of Texas at Austin
- M.A. University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. Hanyang University, South Korea
- Assistant Professor of Marketing (2017 - Present), Saint Joseph's University
- Associate Professor of Integrated Strategic Communication (2011 - 2017), University of Kentucky
- Assistant Professor of Integrated Strategic Communication (2005 - 2011), University of Kentucky
- Haub Summer Grant, Haub School of Business, Saint Joseph’s University, 2018
- Summer Research Grant, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affair, Saint Joseph’s University, 2018
- International Journal of Advertising Best Reviewer Award, European Advertising Academy, 2018.
- Journal of Interactive Advertising Reviewer Award, American Academy of Advertising, 2017.
- Best Conference Paper Award, American Academy of Advertising, 2015.
- Top Faculty Paper Award, 2nd Place, Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Advertising Division, 2012.