George Sillup, Ph.D.
Chair and Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing
- Ph.D., The Fielding Institute
- M.S., Drexel University
- B.A., Wilkes University
Dr. Sillup worked in the healthcare industry from 1973-2004 at various positions from entry-level salesman to COO. His responsibilities included conducting research, selling products and introducing several new medical/pharmaceutical businesses to international markets.
Additionally, he lead research teams that developed pharmaeconomic studies to support pricing and sales of several products. Dr. Sillup attained favorable reimbursement coverage determinations and coding for pharmaceuticals, medical devices and drug-device combination products from the United States and international governments.
As the chairman of the Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing (PMK) Department, Dr. Sillup mostly recently gained approval for a PMK minor to provide business-acumen courses to students in the College Of Arts & Sciences. The PMK Department has also been actively involved in course development and implementation for programs in the PMK graduate programs.
In addition to service for the university and external organizations, Dr. Sillup has served as the scientific advisor for the Daemion Counseling Center since 1996. Daemion Counseling helps provide healthcare to those who cannot afford coverage.
- Pharm Exec's Seventh Annual Media Audit with Dr. Stephen J. Porth, '80, Associate Dean, Haub School of Business
- Pharmaceutical Executive Magazine, March 2011
- Pharm Exec's Sixth Annual Media Audit with Dr. Stephen J. Porth, '80, Associate Dean, Haub School of Business
- Pharmaceutical Executive Magazine, March 2010
- InforMeD Program (2010) with Dr. Edward R. Balotsky, Assistant Professor of Management, Haub School of Business
- Presentation delivered to neighbors of the Saint Joseph's community documenting the changes in Medicare for Medicare-eligible residents