Thani Jambulingam, Ph.D.
Dr. Thani Jambulingam is a highly respected professor in our department. He brings his award winning research into the classroom and demonstrates how pharmaceutical supply chains are instrumental to a company's success. Students are both challenged and engaged by this cutting edge material.
Outside of the classroom, Dr. Jambulingam is a reviewer for pharmacy journals (Annals of Pharmacotherapy, American Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy), AdHoc reviewer for marketing and management journals (Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business Venturing).
Ph.D. University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, Pharmacy Administration 2001
M.S. University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, Pharmacy Administration, 1995
M.S. Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi, India, Pharmaceutical Technology, 1989
B.S. University of Madras, Madras, India, Bachelor of Pharmacy, 1985
- 2017 - now: Advisory Board, Virpax Pharmaceuticals. West Chester PA
- 2018 - now: Advisory Board, AMT Medical, Conshohocken, PA
- 2011 - 2012: Global Commercial Team, Vaccines, Pfizer, Specialty Care Division, Collegeville, PA
- 1997 - 1998: Lecturer, Department of Marketing, School of Business, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- 1993 - 1997: Research Assistant, Center for Supply Chain Management, School of Business, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- 1989 - 1994: Teaching Assistant, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- 1985 - 1987: Sales Representative, Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals
- Jambulingam T., Kathuria R. (2020), Antecedents to Buyer-Supplier Coordination in the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain, International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, Vol. 14 No. 2, pp. 289-303
- Jambulingam T. (2019) The R&D Marketing Interface in Biopharma and MedTech, Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, 24 (4):116-123
- Ghani, W., Jambulingam, T., Sharma, R. (2019), Internet Marketing in Healthcare: The Case of Generic Drugs and the Contagion Effect. International Journal of Healthcare Management. Online Jan. 8, 2019
- Jambulingam T., Joshi, M., Kathuria, R. (2018), Competitive Analysis of CRM Strategies Among Pharmaceutical Companies Using Analytic Hierarchy Process, Management Dynamics, 18 (1): 1-22.
- Ghani, W., Jambulingam, T., Sharma, R. (2018), Pharmaceutical Industry-Physician Interaction Compliance Guidelines: Analysis of Contagion Wealth Effects on Large Generic Firms. Journal of Generic Medicine, 14(2): 56-69.
- Smith, B., Jambulingam, T. (2018), Entrepreneurial Orientation: Its Importance and Performance as a Driver of Customer Orientation and Company Effectiveness among Retail Pharmacies. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, 12(2): 158-180. – Received Highly Commendable Paper Award for 2018.
- Jambulingam T, (2017), The R&D Marketing Interface in Biopharma and MedTech Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, 24 (1): 49-55
- Jambulingam, T (2016), Pricing of Pharmaceuticals in the Supply Chain. Harvard Health Policy Review, 15 (2), 14-18.
- Jambulingam, T, Carolin Schellhorn and Raj Sharma. (2016), Using a Rasch Model to Rank Big Pharmaceutical Firms by Financial Performance. Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, 22 (1), 49-60.
- Jambulingam, T, Franklin Carter & Ravi Chiturri (2015), Determinants of Perceived Value of Direct to Consumer Advertising for Prescription Drugs: Do They Vary by Disease Condition? Journal of Marketing Management, 3 (2), 1-20.
- Jambulingam, T., Kathuria, R., & Nevin, J. R. (2011). Fairness-Trust-Loyalty Relationship under Varying Conditions of Supplier-Buyer Interdependence. Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice, 19 (1), 39-56.
- Jambulingam, T., Ghani, W., & Sharma, R. (2010). Biotechnology Industry-Physician Interaction and OIG Guidelines: Evidence from the Stock Market. Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, 16 (4), 313-330.
- Jambulingam, T., (2010) Road Map for REMS - Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Pharmaceuticals. Pharmaceutical Executive (July): 39-42.
- Jambulingam, T., & Sharma, R. (2010). Estimating the Value of Internet Marketing in the US Pharmaceutical Industry. Journal of Medical Marketing, 10 (4), 332-343.
- Jambulingam, T., Kathuria, R., & Nevin, J. R. (2009). How Fairness Garners Loyalty in the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain: Role of Trust in the Wholesaler-Pharmacy Relationship. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, 3 (4), 305 - 322. – Received Highly Commendable Paper Award for 2009.
- Jambulingam, T., Sharma, R. & Ghani, W. (2009), Wealth Effects of the Pharmaceutical Industry -Physician Interaction Compliance Guidelines on Large Pharmaceutical Companies. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, 3 (3), 210-235.
- Jambulingam, T., Kathuria, R., Doucette, W.R. (2005), Entrepreneurial Orientation as a basis for Classification within a Service Industry: the case of Retail Pharmacy Industry. Journal of Operations Management, 23 (1), 23-42.
- Jambulingam T., & Saxton T. (2002), The Impact of Transaction Structure, Interfirm Synergies, and Motives on Performance of Interfirm Transactions in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Journal of Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management 15(1):73-95
- Carter, F., Jambulingam T., Gupta, V. & Melone, N. (2001), Technological Innovations: A Framework for Communicating Diffusion Effects. Information & Management, 38: 277-287.
- Aurand, Timothy W., Jambulingam, T., & Gorchels, L. (2000), Identification of International Marketing Manager Competencies: A Tri-Country Study. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 4 (1): 1-16.
- Doucette, William R., & Jambulingam T. (1999), Pharmacy Entrepreneurial Orientation: Antecedents and Its Effects on the Provision of Innovative Pharmacy Services. Journal of Social Administrative Pharmacy, 16(1): 26-37
- Jambulingam T., Nevin. J. R. (1999), Influence of Franchisee Selection Criteria on Franchisee Outcomes. Journal of Business Venturing: Int'l. Entrepreneurship, New Bus. Devel. & Tech, 14: 363-395.
- Gorchels, L., Jambulingam T., & Aurand T.W. (1999), Identification of International Marketing Manager Competencies: A Tri-Country Study. Journal of International Marketing, 4(1): 1-16.
- Mott, D., & Jambulingam T., (1997), The Influence of Pharmacists Characteristics and Economic Factors on Labor Supply. American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, 54: 554-563.
- Jambulingam T., & Kreling D. H. (1995), Relationship Between Number of Firms and Generic Drug Price Competition. Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Economics 1995, 6(3): 39-60.
- 2018-2019: Jambulingam, T. Morris Grant, $1,200, Research on Policy Proposals Influencing Pricing and Affordability of Pharmaceuticals in United States
- 2015-2016: Jambulingam, T. Summer Grant, Saint Joseph's University. Research on Voluntary Licensing of Pharmaceuticals – Could it be a Solution for the Global Program for Access to Drugs?
- 2011-2012: Jambulingam, T. Pfizer Fellowship, Principal Investigator, Pfizer Inc. $35,000. Developing Global Healthy Aging Platform to Improve Health
- 2010-2011 Arrupe Research Center for Business Ethics. Arrupe Center Research Fellowship
- 2005-2006: Jambulingam, T. Principal Investigator, GOV-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). $10,000, Estimating the Spatial Distribution of Adult Obesity in Indiana: Implications to Marketing and Public Policy
- 2003-2004: Jambulingam, T. Obtained a Grant from American Association of Retired People (AARP) with co-investigator, Dr. Albert Wertheimer - $10,000, Temple University. Pharmaceutical Cost Containment Mechanism for Pharmaceuticals – Seven Developed Nation Comparison.
- 2003-2004: Jambulingam, T. Summer Grant, Saint Joseph's University. Research on Impact of Market Knowledge Diffusion on Innovation Effort and Competitive Pharmaceutical Firm Performance
- 1999-2000: Jambulingam, T. Summer Grant, Saint Joseph's University. Research on Pharmaceutical Supply Chain and Application of Transaction Cost Theory.
- 1997-1998: Jambulingam, T. Received funding to conduct the research titled, “Drug Wholesaler and Customers: Attitudes and Expectations on Current and Future Service Integration”. Washington DC: National Wholesale Druggists' Association (now Healthcare Distribution Management Association (HDMA)) (co-author: William Doucette).
- 1997-1998: Jambulingam, T. American Marketing Association, Received Annual Distribution Research and Educational Foundation Dissertation Proposal Award sponsored by National Wholesalers Association along with the Channels of Distribution Special Interest Group. Received cash award of $2,500.
- 2019 - Emerald Literati Network 2019 Awards for Excellence. Highly Commended Paper for the articles published in International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing for the Year 2018
- 2019 - Saint Joseph's University. Recipient - Extraordinary Achievement in Research Award
- 2018 - Teaching Award, SJU. Recipient of 2017 Extraordinary Achievement in Teaching Award
- 2010 - Highly Commended Award Winner (Emerald's publisher's) from Literati Network Awards for Excellence
- 2005 - Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society (for business teaching) Inductee
- 2004 - Extraordinary Achievement Award in Teaching Recipient from Saint Joseph's University
- 2003 - Extraordinary Achievement Award in Research Recipient from Saint Joseph's University
- 2003 - American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists. Best Paper Award, Promotional Response Modeling for Pharmaceuticals
- 1997 - International Franchise Association Educational Foundation. Received Best Paper Award at the Society of Franchising Conference
- 1996 - Inducted into Rho Chi American Honor Society of Pharmacy.
Dr. Jambulingam's research focuses primarily on pharmaceutical and healthcare supply chain, marketing strategy entrepreneurial process, and regulatory economics.