Viktoriya Lantushenko, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Finance
- Ph.D. Drexel University, 2016
- B.S. Drexel University, 2011
- Financial Management Association Annual Meeting 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Southern Finance Association Annual Meeting 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018
- Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
- American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association Annual Meeting 2016
- AACSB Assessment and Impact Conference 2018
- American Real Estate and Urban Economics National Conference 2018
- American Accounting Association Annual Meeting 2019
- Lantushenko, Viktoriya, Carolin Schellhorn, and Gulnara Zaynutdinova, Climate Change Concerns Meet Return-Chasing: Evidence from Energy ETFs. Financial Review, forthcoming.
- Lantushenko, Viktoriya, and Edward Nelling. Do More Active Funds Still Earn Higher Performance? Evidence From Active Share Over Time. Journal of Financial Research, forthcoming.
- Lantushenko, Viktoriya, and Edward Nelling, 2020. New positions in Mutual Fund Portfolios: Implications for Fund Alpha. Journal of Financial Services Research 58, 161-198.
- Lantushenko, Viktoriya, and Edward Nelling, 2020. Active Management in Real Estate Mutual Funds. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 61, 247-274.
- Lantushenko, Viktoriya, and Edward Nelling, 2018. How Do Institutional Investors Respond to Patent Announcements? Managerial Finance 44, Issue 12, 1446-1465.
- Lantushenko, Viktoriya, Amy F. Lipton, and Todd Erkis, 2018. Teaching Basic Spreadsheet Skills with Peer Tutoring. Managerial Finance 44, Issue 7, 885-901.
- Lantushenko, Viktoriya, and Edward Nelling, 2017. Institutional Property-Type Herding in Real Estate Investment Trusts. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 54, Issue 4, 459-481.
- 2018 Best Paper in Investments Award, Southern Finance Association
- 2018 Michael J. Morris Grant for Scholarly Research, Saint Joseph’s University
- 2018 Arrupe Center Research Fellowship, Saint Joseph’s University
- 2017 Summer Research Grant, Saint Joseph’s University
Dr. Lantushenko's research interests include mutual fund performance; institutional investors; mergers and acquisitions; and real estate finance. She has presented her research at a number of academic conferences, including Financial Management Association annual meetings, Southern Finance Association annual meetings, Eastern Finance Association annual meetings, and American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association National Conference. Dr. Lantushenko's work has been published in peer-reviewed journals, such as the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics and Managerial Finance.