January 13: Entry Testing Program Details and Instructions
TO: SJU Community (Faculty, students, staff and parents)
FROM: Saint Joseph’s University
RE: Entry Testing Program Details and Instructions
DATE: January 13, 2021 at 3:19 P.M.
What You Need To Know:
- The University will conduct entry testing on Tuesday, January 19 through Tuesday, January 26 (except for Saturday, January 23 and Sunday, January 24 due to shipping limitations).
- Entry testing is required for all undergraduate students and highly recommended for all other community members. This does not replace and is in addition to the pre-arrival test that is required for students living on campus and student-athletes.
- The University’s entry testing program, which is informed by our trend data from the fall, is designed for early detection of non-symptomatic cases of COVID-19, so that community members can be cared for and isolated, preventing the further transmission of the virus.
- Before reporting to the testing site, create your Color account, if you haven’t already during pre-arrival testing. The Color test uses a self-administered, mid-nasal nostril swab. You will need to log in to your account at the test site using your SJU email address and Color account password.
- If you have tested positive in the previous 90 days you are exempt from all testing programs until that 90 days expires, including entry testing. Bring a copy of your positive test result with you to campus.
The University’s COVID-19 testing strategy includes an entry test program that will kick off next week. Review the instructions and details below.
- Tuesday, January 19 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 20 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, January 21 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, January 22 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- No testing offered on Saturday, January 23.
- No testing offered on Sunday, January 24.
- Monday, January 25 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 26 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Maguire-Wolfington Welcome Center Lawn Tent.
- Please park at your assigned parking lot and walk to the Maguire-Wolfington campus, unless you have a handicapped parking decal. There will not be additional parking available.
- Participants will line up outside, so dress accordingly.
- Undergraduate students are required to participate in entry testing prior to or on the first available testing day when they first arrive on campus.
- This does not replace and is in addition to the pre-arrival test that is required for students living on campus and student-athletes.
- Students living off campus should plan to test early to avoid lines and lab delays later in the week. Do not wait until the start of classes on January 25 and 26.
- All undergraduates should currently be observing a 14-day period of essential-only activity.
Graduate and Doctoral Students
- Graduate and doctoral students are highly encouraged to participate in entry testing and can complete their test during any of the scheduled days and times, preferably as early as possible but prior to or on the first available testing day when arriving on campus.
- Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and staff are highly encouraged to participate in entry testing on Tuesday, January 19 and Wednesday, January 20.
Contractors and Affiliates
- Contractors and affiliates may be tested on Thursday, January 21 and Friday, January 22 through Vault, using the saliva-based test. Report to the patio between Hagan Arena and Barry Hall between 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. For those who tested through St. Joe’s in the fall semester, be sure to bring your Vault sign-in credentials (email and password). Contact your supervisor with any questions.
Questions regarding the University’s testing program can be directed to the Saint Joseph’s Hawk Hill Ahead information line at 610-660-1100 or COVID19Testing@sju.edu. Thank you for your support and commitment to keeping our community as safe and healthy as possible.