January 8: Action Required: Order Your Free COVID Test Kit for Return to Campus
FROM: Saint Joseph’s University
RE: Action Required: Order Your Free COVID Test Kit for Return to Campus
DATE: January 8, 2021 at 2:35 P.M.
What You Need To Know:
- Undergraduate residential students and all student-athletes are required to complete a pre-arrival COVID-19 test.
- Students currently residing outside of the United States are exempt from the pre-arrival requirement and will complete an entry test upon return to campus in January.
- Students who tested positive after October 22 will be exempt from pre-arrival testing.
- To receive your pre-arrival test, visit the “order your free test kit” link below.
As detailed in the December 28 University announcement, Saint Joseph’s will be implementing and requiring a pre-arrival COVID-19 test for undergraduate residential students and all student-athletes, as one component of the University’s testing strategy.
For your convenience, a test kit will be mailed to your home by Color, one of the University’s testing vendors. To complete your pre-arrival test:
- Order your free test kit using your SJU email address 10 days before you plan to first step on campus.
- Receive your kit through the mail.
- Log into your Color account.
- Follow the collection instructions provided in the kit.
- Drop the kit off at a FedEx drop box the same day you collect the sample (Note: FedEx does not ship on Saturday or Sunday).
- For information on how to complete your pre-arrival test, visit this list of frequently asked questions.
The University should receive your test result no more than 72 hours before you plan to return to campus for the first time. FedEx ships your package “next day” and test results take approximately 24 hours after being received by the lab. Use this guide for scheduling. Here is one example:
- You plan to move into your campus residence on January 22, so you will order your test kit 10 days prior on January 12.
- You will receive your test kit at home by January 15.
- You should both take the pre-arrival test and FedEx ship the test on January 19.
- Your test should arrive at the lab on January 20.
- Your results will be delivered to your email and the University January 21 or 22.
Students currently residing outside of the United States are exempt from pre-arrival testing and should not claim a test kit. These students will observe CDC guidelines and participate in entry testing.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 after October 22, fill out this form if you have not already, and bring a copy of your results to campus with you. You should not complete a pre-arrival test.
Thank you for taking these important steps to protect your health and the campus community.