How to Apply
Are you ready to achieve your educational goals at SJU? The Professional and Liberal Studies program offers adult students the ability to take college classes in the evening and online, as a part-time or full-time student, and pay tuition on a per-credit basis. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring, or summer semesters. We encourage applicants to apply several weeks before the term begins for access to class registration, however, applications are considered on a rolling basis.
- Qualifications for admission:
- Applicants who have fewer than 30 college-level credits must also submit:
- Official high school transcript or GED test scores
- Personal statement of 250 – 500 words. This is an opportunity to communicate why you want to complete your degree and explain your educational objectives and professional goals. Submit this essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and address at the top of the document.
- One letter of recommendation – Must be sent from someone who knows you in a professional manner to the mailing or email address above.
Academically qualified international students and international transfer students interested in earning an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree at Saint Joseph's University are encouraged to apply to the Professional and Liberal Studies program. Credentials of students residing outside the United States must be received and evaluated at least 60 days before the term begins. Credentials of all international students within the United States must be received at least 30 days before the intended start semester. Applications must be complete before admissions review will be conducted.
Additional application information for international students »
Students who currently attend another University and wish to take a class at Saint Joseph's University can do so by completing a free online registration. Please visit our Visiting Students page for more information.