History students have had the opportunity to intern with museums, historic sites, law firms, consulting firms and so much more. On average, students who complete one internship before graduation earn $11,000 more than students who do not complete an internship.
Recent Internship Opportunities
- The Washington Center
- World Affairs Council
- Museums, Archives and Historic Sites
- Public Law, Legal Advocacy and Courts
- Private Law
- Community Organizing and Outreach (see also International Politics and Policy)
- International Policy and Politics
- Academic Publishing and Research
- Congress and the Legislative Process
- Campaigns and Electoral Politics
- Communications, Consulting, Advertising and Public Relations
Philadelphia Area Internship Program
The Philadelphia Area Internship Program is a course that allows students to gain upper-division credit by completing written assignments and working a total of 130 hours in the public sector, private sector or non-governmental organizations in the Philadelphia area. The program uniquely connects academics and professional life.
To apply for the Philadelphia Area Internship Program, contact Melissa Chakars, Ph.D.