Parents' Leadership Council
About the Parents' Leadership Council
The Parents' Leadership Council (PLC) is a select group of parents who together play a leadership role at Saint Joseph’s University. PLC members are University ambassadors, representing Saint Joseph’s through a variety of outreach activities.
- On campus meetings to hear about the latest University programs and initiatives and engage in dialogue with SJU leadership and administrators.
- Other parent networking events on campus or in your community.
- Serve as parent ambassadors at welcome receptions and events for both prospective and admitted families in your area.
- Share the University’s mission and values; encourage families you know to apply.
- Attend and/or host receptions, dinners and gatherings in your community that are attended by parents and interested students and families.
Facilitate Career Opportunities
- Help identify career opportunities for students and graduates, from shadowing and internship positions to employment.
- Whenever possible, facilitate employment-related opportunities for qualified Saint Joseph’s University students and graduates.
- Mentor current students, helping them translate their academic success into career development.
- Leverage corporate relationships to create enhanced opportunities for students.
- Parents' Leadership Council: Each PLC member (or couple) makes a renewable annual leadership gift to the University which can be used to support an area of their choosing.
Honor your student today
Benefits of Leading
By sharing their expertise and professional connections, members help shape the future of SJU. In turn, they are able to help other SJU parents and students connect with SJU administration in a meaningful way. We view membership as an ideal way to become involved in their children’s lives without “hovering” – providing sound direction and support at an advisory level. Without day-to-day involvement, they are able to impact the student educational experience and help prepare students for success after graduation.
Joining the Parents' Leadership Council puts you in touch with other parent leaders. If you’re interested in higher level board involvement, this group offers a great starting point.
Meetings and Events
- Parents' Leadership Breakfast Meeting: Saturday, September 25, 2021
For questions about the Parents' Leadership Council, please contact Beth Missett, Director of Major Gifts at 610-660-2312