Parents' Leadership Council
About the Parents' Leadership Council
The Parents' Leadership Council (PLC) is a select group of parents who together play a leadership role at Saint Joseph’s University. PLC members are University ambassadors, representing Saint Joseph’s through a variety of outreach activities.
- On campus meetings to hear about the latest University programs and initiatives and engage in dialogue with SJU leadership and administrators.
- Other parent networking events on campus or in your community.
- Serve as parent ambassadors at welcome receptions and events for both prospective and admitted families in your area.
- Share the University’s mission and values; encourage families you know to apply.
- Attend and/or host receptions, dinners and gatherings in your community that are attended by parents and interested students and families.
Facilitate Career Opportunities
- Help identify career opportunities for students and graduates, from shadowing and internship positions to employment.
- Whenever possible, facilitate employment-related opportunities for qualified Saint Joseph’s University students and graduates.
- Mentor current students, helping them translate their academic success into career development.
- Leverage corporate relationships to create enhanced opportunities for students.
- Parents' Leadership Council: Each PLC member (or couple) makes a minimum annual gift of $2,500 or more to support Saint Joseph's University.
Benefits of Leading
By sharing their expertise and professional connections, members help shape the future of SJU. In turn, they are able to help other SJU parents and students connect with SJU administration in a meaningful way. We view membership as an ideal way to become involved in their children’s lives without “hovering” – providing sound direction and support at an advisory level. Without day-to-day involvement, they are able to impact the student educational experience and help prepare students for success after graduation.
Joining the Parents' Leadership Council puts you in touch with other parent leaders. If you’re interested in higher level board involvement, this group offers a great starting point.
Meetings and Events
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Spring 2023 Science and Health Student Career Fair - Hawk Hill Campus: March 31, 2023
- Time: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: Athletic/Recreation Center (ARC)
- EASTER BREAK - April 6 to April 10, 2023
- Fall Registration for Students Begins: April 11, 2023
- Kinney Center Autism Awareness Luncheon: April 21, 2023
- Time: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: Aronimink Golf Club
- 3600 St. Davids Rd., Newtown Square, PA
- FINAL EXAMS - May 8 to May 13, 2023
- COMMENCEMENT CEREMONIES - Hawk Hill Campus
- Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Undergraduate Ceremony
- Graduate Ceremony
- PLC Mass, Lunch and Spring Meeting - Hawk Hill Campus: March 19, 2023
- Time (Mass): 11 a.m.
- Location: Chapel of Saint Joseph
- Time (Lunch & Meeting): 12-2 p.m.
- Location: Maguire Wolfington Welcome Center
- With remarks by Cheryl A. McConnell, PhD, President
- SJU vs George Mason Basketball Game and Gathering for Alumni and Parents: January 29, 2023
- Time: 12 p.m.
- Location (Game): EagleBank Arena
- 4500 Patriot Cir, Fairfax, VA
- Location (Gathering): Oh George!
- 10659C Braddock Rd, Fairfax, VA
- DC Event with Mass Reception to follow: January 8, 2023
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Georgetown - 12-2 p.m.
- Celebrate the ASPIRE program with Margaret Hondros: November 4, 2022
- Overbrook Golf Club, Villanova PA
- PLC Fall Meeting and Reception: November 4, 2022
- Maguire Wolfington Welcome Center, Hawk Hill Campus
PLC Parent Event: October 19, 2022
- Family Weekend Reception with Dr. Cheryl McConnell, SJU Interim President: September 16, 2022
- Past and present National Alumni Board (NAB) members, engaged volunteers, prospect volunteers, and Parents' Leadership Council (PLC) members are invited.
- McShain Hall, 5th Floor Haub Executive Center - 5-7 p.m.
- Family Weekend PLC Open House: September 17, 2022
- Curran Field, Maguire Campus - 12-3 p.m.
- Parents' Leadership Spring Meeting: April 1, 2022
- Parents' Leadership Breakfast Meeting: September 25, 2021
For questions about the Parents' Leadership Council, please contact Lisa Familetti, Associate Director for Parent Philanthropy
Associate Director of Parent Philanthropy