Welcome to the College of Arts and Sciences at Saint Joseph's University!"
Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
Shaily Menon, Ph.D.
I invite you to join a community of life-long learners and be part of an educational experience that will expand your mind and inspire your imagination.
The College of Arts and Sciences is home to the core of the Jesuit liberal arts education which is the hallmark of a Saint Joseph’s University degree. Here, you will find opportunities to connect with your interests and passions through our many programs and emphasis on interdisciplinary study, experiential learning, hands-on experience, creativity and innovation.
Carve your path, prepare for your future
Our faculty are experts in their fields, passionate about their subjects and dedicated to their students. Their goal is to help you carve your own individual path and prepare you for the infinite career possibilities ahead. Our staff cares about your wellbeing and success, and we are here to help you every step of the way.
Liberal Arts Foundation and Dynamic Programs
All undergraduates at Saint Joseph’s University launch their education from the liberal arts General Education Program in the College of Arts and Sciences. Here, you will sharpen your skills in critical thinking, creativity, clear communication and ethical reasoning. You can also explore disciplines ranging from the humanities and social sciences, to mathematics, computer science and natural sciences. Many graduates credit this exploration with helping them discern the right path forward for their career and future.
At the College of Arts and Sciences you will find a variety of undergraduate majors and minors, graduate programs, certificate programs and continuing education opportunities to help you grow your interests into life-long vocations.
Learning Beyond the Classroom
While at Saint Joseph’s, we encourage our students to consider the many experiential learning opportunities.
- Conduct research with faculty through programs like Summer Scholars, National Science Foundation Scholarship Programs and the McNulty Scholars and Fellows Program.
- Learn translational medicine and entrepreneurship through our Biotech Incubator Program.
- Work with non-profit partners through GeoKids, Global Smarts and the Beautiful Social Research Collaborative.
- Participate in internships and co-ops with non-profit and corporate partners.
- Find opportunities at the Barnes Arboretum through our new SJU-Barnes Partnership.
- Take on active leadership roles through the Women’s Leadership Initiative.
- Engage in interfaith dialogue through the Institute for Jewish-Catholic Relations.
- Participate in service learning projects through the Faith-Justice Institute.
- Travel and study abroad though the Center for International Programs.
Ready for Your Future
As a graduate of the College of Arts and Sciences, you will be prepared to engage the world around you and work toward a larger purpose with an ethical grounding and strong sense of social justice. You will be prepared to be a global thinker and to work toward a more just and humane world, whether in your backyard or on an international scale. You will join our proud alumni who are making their mark all over the world pursuing graduate and professional degrees, and working in corporate and non-profit organizations.
I invite you to join us and explore the possibilities that will prepare you to shape the future.
Dean, College of Arts and Sciences