Dean, Erivan K. Haub School of Business
About Haub School of Business
Welcome to the Haub School of Business! Here we empower students like you to become business leaders poised for success and daring to advocate for change in an ever-evolving world.
Facts and Rankings
- One of only 190 schools worldwide with AACSB accreditation in business and accounting.
- Top employers of Haub graduates include PwC, KPMG, PepsiCo, Vanguard and Johnson & Johnson.
- Named one of Princeton Review’s Best Business Schools and a tier-one business school by CEO Magazine.
- Academic programming aligned with U.S. News and World Report’s 100 Best Jobs of 2022 including medical and health services manager (no. 4), data scientist (no. 6), financial manager (no. 8) and market research analyst (no. 14).
- Recognized by U.S. News and World Report’s online education rankings for the MBA and master’s in business programs including:
- Marketing MS (no. 15)
- Business Intelligence & Analytics MS (no. 18)
- Finance MS (no. 25)
- Executive MBA (no. 28)
- Master of Professional Accountancy (no. 35)
- U.S. News top 30 undergraduate programs include:
- Insurance (no. 6)
- Business intelligence and analytics (no. 11)
- Marketing (no. 13)
- Accounting (no. 26)
- business analytics, executive MBA, finance and marketing.
- Ranked among the top 5 schools in Pennsylvania for part-time MBA by U.S. News & World Report
Mission and Vision
We seek excellence in business education that offers breadth in terms of broad-based coverage of business concepts and skills, depth through focus on specific industries and professions, and wholeness via education of students in service with and for others in accordance with the Ignatian tradition.
To achieve this, we are committed to:
- Academic excellence: The HSB is committed to the Jesuit ideal of the Magis or the more, always striving to become better. Academic integrity is the cornerstone of our approach to teaching, an approach that emphasizes excellence in teaching and seeks rigor and student engagement.
- Jesuit identity: As a college within a Jesuit university, the HSB is committed to the Jesuit ideals of ethics, justice, and social responsibility
- Scholarly contributions: The HSB encourages scholarly research that is essential to the professional development of our faculty, contributes to the practice of management, and informs and enlivens our teaching.
- Innovative niche programs: From its inception, the HSB has been entrepreneurial in its approach to targeting and serving the needs of key industries and strategic niches. We seek to continue our creative focus on industry segments such as food, pharmaceuticals, financial services and public accounting.
- Student welfare: Cura personalis, that is, care and respect for the whole person, is a hallmark of Jesuit education. We will continue to support and encourage our students as they identify and pursue their personal and professional aspirations.
Executives in Residence
The Erivan K. Haub School of Business Executives in Residence program includes prominent leaders from varying backgrounds, including health care, insurance and food industries. The Executives in Residences bring their professional experience and industry knowledge to Hawk Hill and serve as available resources for Haub students, colleagues and leadership.
The Haub School of Business was granted accreditation for its business and degree programs by AACSB International. AACSB accreditation is synonymous with the highest standards in business education — earned by only 5% of the world's business schools.
Interested in learning more about the Haub School of Business? Contact us to request more information about our programs and for all other inquiries.