How to Apply
McNulty Scholars receive two different levels of scholarship funding: a 4-year, full-tuition scholarship or a 4-year, partial-tuition scholarship, provided they:
- Remain a full-time student at Saint Joseph’s University
- Continue in an academic major supported by the McNulty Program (one of the natural sciences, mathematics or computer science)
- Maintain a 3.2 GPA for each year of enrollment
- Submit a reapplication to the Program yearly
All McNulty Scholars will benefit from ongoing faculty mentoring, research and internships opportunities, and professional and leadership development.
- First-year female or female-identifying student who has applied for admission to Saint Joseph’s University for the Fall of 2023. Please note: You do not need to be admitted to SJU before you apply to the McNulty Program.
- Must be interested in majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Environmental Science, Neuroscience, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Should have a minimum of a 3.5 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
For the 2022-23 application cycle, the submission of standardized test scores is optional.
Please note that applicants are encouraged but not required to apply to Saint Joseph’s University through Early Decision or Early Action admission. The deadline for Early Decision or Early Action is November 15, 2022.
How to Apply
- Application Deadline is January 17, 2023.
- Applicants must have already applied to Saint Joseph's University for admission, and use their email address and assigned password for access to this (and all) scholarship applications
- Online Application includes current resume and essay
- Letter of recommendation from a science or math teacher
- Should address the applicant’s specific qualifications for the McNulty Scholarship
- Should be submitted (PDF preferred) by January 17, 2023 directly to the McNulty Scholars Program Coordinator by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 18 finalists will be invited for an on-campus visit and interview with the Faculty Selection Committee on February 24 - 25, 2023
- Up to 3 finalists will be awarded 4-year, full-tuition scholarships
- Up to 3 finalists will be awarded 4-year, partial-tuition scholarships
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by letter by April 1, 2023.
Letters of recommendation and questions pertaining to the scholarship should be addressed to:
Ms. Shani Nuckols
McNulty Program Coordinator
Saint Joseph’s University
5600 City Avenue, Science Center Room 107-D
Philadelphia, PA 19131
(610) 660-1825/ email@example.com