Health and Wellness
We offer the choice of two medical insurance plans provided by Independence Blue Cross: Consumer Driven Health Plan (Personal Choice HDHP) and Keystone HMO. The University and the employee share the cost of the medical premiums.
Coverage may begin as soon as the first of the month coincident with or following the date of employment. An employee may enroll during the first 30 days after the date of employment. Once enrolled, an employee may transfer from one medical plan to another only during the open enrollment period held in November of each year with coverage effective the following January 1.
A cash option in lieu of medical insurance is available and cannot be revoked or amended during the plan year unless there is a change in family status.
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
Dental Plan Overview
Group dental insurance, through Delta Dental PPO + Premier or DeltaCare Dental HMO, is available on the first of the month following 90 days of employment. Once enrolled, employees may transfer from one dental plan to another only during the open enrollment period. The employee and the University share the cost of the premium.
To check any Delta Network:
Vision Plan Overview
A vision care program, Premium Vision, is available on the first of the month following your hire date. Thereafter, enrollment is allowed only during the open enrollment period in November of each year with coverage effective January 1.
Paid Time Off
The University offers at least 14 paid holidays each year, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Additionally, eligible employees are entitled to at least 15 vacation days and up to 12 sick days per year.
Employee Assistance Plan
There are times in life when you might need a little help coping or figuring out what to do. Take advantage of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which includes work life and behavior health services. Our EAP connects you with licensed professionals who can help with:
- Stress or anxiety with work or family
- Financial and legal concerns
- Identity theft and fraud resolution
- Online will preparation
Through our provider TIAA, you have access to a variety of investment options to support your life and retirement goals. Eligible employees are can participate in the University’s 403(b) plan and take advantage of the University’s contributions.
Learning and Development
Continue developing professionally and personally by taking advantage of one or several University resources, courses and events.
- Unlimited Learning: This monthly webinar is an opportunity for faculty and staff to engage with the University on topics about diversity and inclusion in the workplace, the impact of COVID-19 on the economy, mental health and leadership and more.
Explore The Unlimited Learning Webinar Series
- Haub Innovation Speaker Series: In this series, the campus community can hear from forward-thinking industry leaders on innovation and entrepreneurship. Speakers from various industries share their perspectives and experiences related to their industry or company. They also offer insight into how individuals can develop an entrepreneurial mindset and cultivate a culture of innovation.
Learn More About the Innovation Speaker Series
- Leaders Forum: Held once per semester, the Divisional and Departmental Leaders Forum brings together administrators in leadership roles from areas across campus to learn about new initiatives, engage in professional development, discuss challenges and develop an enterprise view of their work.
- Certificate and Graduate Programs: Take advantage of one of our certificate programs or earn an undergraduate or graduate degree for free.
Explore Our Program Offerings
As a member of our faculty and staff, free and reduced tuition extends to your spouse and dependents. The benefit can be used at select colleges and private schools.
Take advantage of our fitness or group classes or workout at the campus gym for free.
Saint Joseph’s Perks Program
Enjoy discounts and exclusive offers on everything from shopping and dining to beauty and travel through our partnership with PerkSpot, including:
- Auto Buying
- Beauty & Fragrance
- Books, Movies & Music
- Business Perks
- Cell Phones
- Financial Wellness
- Flowers & Gifts
- Health & Wellness
- Hobbies & Creative Arts
- Home & Garden
- Home Services
- Jewelry & Watches
- Movie Tickets
- Office & Business
- Outdoors & Recreation
- Real Estate & Moving Services
- Tickets & Attractions
- Toys, Kids & Babies