Health and Wellness
We offer the choice of two medical insurance plans provided by Independence Blue Cross: Consumer Driven Health Plan (Personal Choice HDHP) and Keystone HMO. The University and the employee share the cost of the medical premiums.
Coverage may begin as soon as the first of the month coincident with or following the date of employment. An employee may enroll during the first 30 days after the date of employment. Once enrolled, an employee may transfer from one medical plan to another only during the open enrollment period held in November of each year with coverage effective the following January 1.
A cash option in lieu of medical insurance is available and cannot be revoked or amended during the plan year unless there is a change in family status.
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- Medicare Part D 2021
- Summary Annual Report For Saint Joseph's University Retirement Plan
- Summary Annual Report For Saint Joseph's University Flexible Spending Plan
No Surprises Act
To comply with the Act, the following machine-readable files are for SJU's health plans administered by IBC. To access the files, right-click on the link and open it in a .JSON reader, like Notepad or Notepad++. This is the only format available and approved by the Act.
- CDHP Plan: https://www.ibx.com/
transparency-in-coverage/ 40379?key=dRRq4tkb2suUeW9r+ Q54lSj8zA1IXe6MfKFASAeNjUk2TWo OoM6z2T5yMjslLu5tM3+ H8FJ3idryx+wMykjh2A==>
- Keystone HMO: https://www.ibx.com/
transparency-in-coverage/ 40379?key= VlsGfuZA1aNW70gCJdjrbtQdcyG/ tH9uSZGJ+ gsn7HLywmgWeVcTm6xnxpeRa71PMu0 cRoQZG6YyXh4Pec6MvDQ=>
- Amerihealth HMO: https://www.amerihealth.com/
transparency-in-coverage/ 40379?key= pbd9ipQ4IkcxP89F73qg2gEzNWszY4 fuKzx6nVTU97MF+ GBHRiDkhQ8vziqOAC096ieylbMr5Qd 8934gBE9KHo0=>
Vision Plan Overview
A comprehensive vision care program, through Davis Vision, is available as a voluntary benefit.
Paid Time Off
The University offers at least 14 paid holidays each year, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Additionally, eligible employees are entitled to at least 15 vacation days and up to 12 sick days per year.
Employee Assistance Plan
There are times in life when you might need a little help coping or figuring out what to do. Take advantage of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which includes work life and behavior health services. Our EAP connects you with licensed professionals who can help with:
- Stress or anxiety with work or family
- Financial and legal concerns
- Identity theft and fraud resolution
- Online will preparation
Learning and Development
Continue developing professionally and personally by taking advantage of one or several University resources, courses and events.
- Unlimited Learning: A key element of Saint Joseph's University's mission is our commitment to lifelong learning. It's a value we impart to our students and alumni. It's who we are. In this spirit, we offer "Unlimited Learning" — an opportunity for faculty and staff to engage with University experts and content through virtual and in-person events.
Explore Unlimited Learning
- Haub Innovation Speaker Series: In this series, the campus community can hear from forward-thinking industry leaders on innovation and entrepreneurship. Speakers from various industries share their perspectives and experiences related to their industry or company. They also offer insight into how individuals can develop an entrepreneurial mindset and cultivate a culture of innovation.
Learn More About the Innovation Speaker Series
- Leaders Forum: Held once per semester, the Divisional and Departmental Leaders Forum brings together administrators in leadership roles from areas across campus to learn about new initiatives, engage in professional development, discuss challenges and develop an enterprise view of their work.
- Certificate and Graduate Programs: Take advantage of one of our certificate programs or earn an undergraduate or graduate degree for free.
Explore Our Program Offerings
As a member of our faculty and staff, free and reduced tuition extends to your spouse and dependents. The benefit can be used at select colleges and private schools.
Take advantage of our fitness or group classes or workout at the campus gym for free.
Saint Joseph’s Perks Program
Enjoy discounts and exclusive offers on everything from shopping and dining to beauty and travel through our partnership with PerkSpot, including:
- Auto Buying
- Beauty & Fragrance
- Books, Movies & Music
- Business Perks
- Cell Phones
- Financial Wellness
- Flowers & Gifts
- Health & Wellness
- Hobbies & Creative Arts
- Home & Garden
- Home Services
- Jewelry & Watches
- Movie Tickets
- Office & Business
- Outdoors & Recreation
- Real Estate & Moving Services
- Tickets & Attractions
- Toys, Kids & Babies
Information and resources for safely working at home and keeping safe during the winter.