Health and Wellness
We offer the choice of two medical insurance plans provided by Independence Blue Cross: Consumer Driven Health Plan (Personal Choice HDHP) and Keystone HMO. The University and the employee share the cost of the medical premiums. Vision, dental, and other voluntary benefits plans are also available. Please review the Employee Benefits Guide for full plan details.
Coverage may begin as soon as the first of the month coincident with or following the date of employment. An employee may enroll during the first 30 days after the date of employment. Once enrolled, an employee may transfer from one medical plan to another only during the open enrollment period held in November of each year with coverage effective the following January 1.
If you waive medical insurance, a monthly waiver payment is available and cannot be revoked or amended during the plan year unless there is a qualified life event.
Interested in learning more? Review these resources:
Current employees can visit the Knowledge Base for more information (including Summary of Benefits and Coverage) and The Nest for links to information, your benefits elections, and other important information and links. All benefits elections, open enrollment, and benefits changes are completed in Workday.
Paid Time Off
The University offers at least 14 paid holidays each year, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Additionally, eligible employees are entitled to at least 15 vacation days and up to 12 sick days per year.
Employee Assistance Plan
There are times in life when you might need a little help coping or figuring out what to do. Take advantage of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which includes work life and behavior health services. Our EAP connects you with licensed professionals who can help with:
- Stress or anxiety with work or family
- Financial and legal concerns
- Identity theft and fraud resolution
- Online will preparation
Learning and Development
Continue developing professionally and personally by taking advantage of one or several University resources, courses and events.
- Unlimited Learning: A key element of Saint Joseph's University's mission is our commitment to lifelong learning. It's a value we impart to our students and alumni. It's who we are. In this spirit, we offer "Unlimited Learning" — an opportunity for faculty and staff to engage with University experts and content through virtual and in-person events.
Explore Unlimited Learning
- Haub Innovation Speaker Series: In this series, the campus community can hear from forward-thinking industry leaders on innovation and entrepreneurship. Speakers from various industries share their perspectives and experiences related to their industry or company. They also offer insight into how individuals can develop an entrepreneurial mindset and cultivate a culture of innovation.
Learn More About the Innovation Speaker Series
- Leaders Forum: Held once per semester, the Divisional and Departmental Leaders Forum brings together administrators in leadership roles from areas across campus to learn about new initiatives, engage in professional development, discuss challenges and develop an enterprise view of their work.
- Certificate and Graduate Programs: Take advantage of one of our certificate programs or earn an undergraduate or graduate degree for free.
Explore Our Program Offerings
As a member of our faculty and staff, free and reduced tuition extends to your spouse and dependents. The benefit can be used at select colleges and private schools.
Take advantage of our fitness or group classes or workout at the campus gym for free.
Saint Joseph’s Perks Program
Enjoy discounts and exclusive offers on everything from shopping and dining to beauty and travel through our partnership with PerkSpot, including:
- Auto Buying
- Beauty & Fragrance
- Books, Movies & Music
- Business Perks
- Cell Phones
- Financial Wellness
- Flowers & Gifts
- Health & Wellness
- Hobbies & Creative Arts
- Home & Garden
- Home Services
- Jewelry & Watches
- Movie Tickets
- Office & Business
- Outdoors & Recreation
- Real Estate & Moving Services
- Tickets & Attractions
- Toys, Kids & Babies
Information and resources for safely working at home and keeping safe during the winter.