Three Across Two Mode Cards
About Campus Recreation
Campus Recreation serves the students, faculty, staff and community of Saint Joseph’s University. Our goal is to enhance the campus experience by providing recreational opportunities for everyone. We work to reinforce the educational mission of Saint Joseph’s University (which emphasizes the development of the total person – Spirit, Mind, and Body) by promoting and advancing healthy lifestyle choices through participation opportunities, educational experiences, and support services.
Associations and Accolades
Saint Joseph's is a proud member of the NIRSA (National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association) which is the leading resource for professional and student development, education, and research in collegiate recreational sports.
The National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association is committed to be recognized internationally as the leader in recreation within higher education, dedicated to excellence in student and professional development, education, research, and standards. NIRSA’s commitment, creativity, and strategic partnerships are consistently demonstrated through outstanding programs, facilities, and services.
Saint Joseph’s University has earned silver status as a member of the Exercise is Medicine On Campus program sponsored by the American College of Sports Medicine.
O’Pake Recreation Center
The O’Pake Recreation Center serves as the central hub of fitness and recreation for the Saint Joseph's University community.
- Strength center (free weights, selectorized machines and accessories)
- Cardio center (treadmills, cross trainers, bikes, and rowers)
- Functional training equipment: kettlebells, battle ropes and resistance bands, dumbbells, slam balls courtesy of Kettlebell Kings & Living.Fit.
- Group exercise room
- Two indoor basketball courts
- Six-lane 25 yard pool
Merion Hall: Esports Lab
- 24 High-End, Fastest-Available Gaming Stations. Powered by the Intel Core i9-9900K CPUs and nVidia RTX 2080 GPUs.
- Equipped with a 24” ViewSonic 1920x1080 gaming monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate and Logitech accessories.
- Stations are arranged in clusters of six to enhance team play.
- 1 Coaching Station connected to a ViewSonic 65” interactive display for teams to review, interact, and annotate over top of gameplay footage.
- Dimmable LED lighting.
- Sound panels and carpeted floors to lessen audio reverberation for concentration.
- Highly ergonomic chairs enabling hours of competition.
Weekdays: 7am-11am & 2pm-6pm
Monday-Sunday: dawn to dusk
Esport Lab (Merion Hall, room 175)
Winter Break Hours (effective Dec 18-Jan 17)
Closed: December 24-January 2
Closed: January 17
Closed: December 18-January 17
Campus Health and Safety Guidance
At this time, reservations are not required to access the facility, but all patrons must wear a mask indoors at all times.