Upsilon Pi Epsilon
Upsilon Pi Epsilon (UPE) is the first and only existing international honor society in the computing and information disciplines. It was first organized at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas in 1967 to recognize scholarship and professionalism. The honor society has received endorsements from the two largest computer organizations in the world — the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the IEEE Computer Society (IEEE-CS).
UPE is dedicated to recognizing academic excellence at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in computing and information technology. Membership in the Lambda Chapter of UPE is limited to candidates who can achieve outstanding talent in the computing sciences, promotion of high scholarship, maintain high standards and encourage contributions to society through the computing sciences.
For additional information, please contact the UPE faculty chapter, Babak Forouraghi, Ph.D.
Membership Criteria for Undergraduate Students
- Major in computer science, information technology or double major in computer science/information technology & mathematics
- A junior or higher standing
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 3.40
- Minimum major GPA: 3.50
Membership Criteria for Graduate Students
- Must have completed at least one semester of studies at SJU
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 3.50
- There is no membership fee required to join Upsilon Pi Epsilon.
How to Apply
Please complete the UPE Application Form and submit it online. We will notify you of our decision by email.