Trip Leader Registration
For health and safety purposes, all faculty/staff/adult facilitators accompanying students on a University-sponsored, non-academic, international program must register such travel with the Center for International Programs and participate in a mandatory risk management training session.
Why Is Registration Important?
Trip leader (and student) registration allows the CIP and the University the ability to provide our travelers with the necessary health and safety support, including critical pre-departure resources. Additionally, in the unlikely event of an emergency while the group is abroad, the CIP will be able to quickly coordinate response and assistance with the relevant departments.
How to Register as a Trip Leader
The following steps will help guide you through the process of requesting and registering your international travel with students. Please complete your registration in its entirety at least 30 days prior to the group’s departure.
- Click on the “Register Now” button to begin: Register Now
- You will be prompted to log in with your SJU ID and password. If you do not have SJU login credentials, please follow the prompts to create a new user registration.
- After authenticating (or creating a new login for non-SJU users), you will be asked to input your destination and travel dates.
- On the next page, review and complete all items under the Questionnaires, Materials and Learning Content sections. When they are completed, a checkmark will appear in the boxes under the “Received” column. Please note that, per Policy, you are required to attend mandatory risk management training. The date for this meeting will be shared with you via email, and your attendance will be tracked through the online portal.
- Finally, you must assure that all students participating in your program register individually in the system and attend a mandatory health and safety pre-departure meeting for students. The CIP will send you (or the department sponsoring the trip) a link to a program-specific registration page to share with your students, and we will notify you in advance of the dates available for the student health and safety meeting.
Returning to View or Complete Your Registration
You can return to work on your registration at any time, as long as you complete it 30 days prior to your departure. To return, click “SJU Login/Register” at the top of the page to be taken to your Applicant Home page. From here, click on the blue link for your registration. Please do not hit the “Register Now” button from this page more than once as it will create multiple applications for you.
Non-SJU users should use the “Non-SJU Login/Register” link at the top of the page.
Please direct policy and/or application questions to the Assistant Director for Study Abroad and Health and Safety: 610-660-1675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.