Each year, the University Student Senate recognizes outstanding student achievement at the Senior Awards Ceremony in May. Three members of the senior class are selected to receive leadership, service and scholarship awards.
Nominations are welcome from any member of the SJU community, including self-nominations by seniors. Please read the award descriptions carefully as they have specific criteria. You may nominate an individual for multiple awards if applicable. Nominations are accepted during the spring semester.
Linda Lelii Leadership Award
- This award recognized a graduating senior who has displayed an extensive and courageous leadership commitment to Saint Joseph's University.
- The Leadership Award has a proud tradition in recognizing excellence in consistent ethical leadership among graduating seniors.
- This award demands a high standard of on-going engagement reinforced by concrete illustrations of leadership throughout a student's undergraduate career.
- This award recognizes a graduating senior who has demonstrated and maintained a high academic standard throughout their time at the University.
- This award takes into consideration academic excellence, academic rior, and application of education.
- In addition to maintaining a minimal cumulative grade point average of 3.5, this senior has also enhanced their education through a demonstrated commitment to co-curricular activities while attending Saint Joseph's.
- This award recognizes a graduating senior who has displayed an extensive commitment to service within and beyond the Saint Joseph's University community during their time at the University.
- This award seeks to highlight an individual who has demonstrated a clear, significant, and consistent dedication to fulfilling the Jesuit ideal of men and women with and for others and who has assumed leadership in engaging others in lives of service.