What Is Sutula Scholars?
The Sutula Scholars Program is designed to provide an enrichment experience for a group of accounting students that will enhance the reputation and visibility of the accounting program at Saint Joseph's University.
If you're an accounting major looking for more information on the program, please contact Sutula Chair Joseph Ragan.
2022 - 2023 Sutula Scholars
NYC Christmas Visit with Sutula Scholars, Greg Tanzola, and Joseph Ragan
Joe Wolk, CFO of Johnson & Johnson
The Sutulas spent the day in New York City exploring the PwC Office, Times Square, and The Rockefeller Center. We were joined by Brandon Talisesky '14 who gave a tour of PricewaterhouseCoopers' New York City Office, then the Sutulas heard a presentation by Andrea Acciarri, partner in Cyber, Risk & Regulatory, heading their Salesforce work.
Special thanks to Johnson and Johnson for their hospitality and corporate presentations led by Joe Wolk, Executive VP and Chief Financial Officer. The Sutulas enjoyed many presentations from industry leaders as well as a special tour of Johnson and Johnson's Corporate HQ.
- 10/27/22: Jim Kaiser, Retired Partner PwC and member of PCAOB
- 12/1/22: Alumni Panel led by recent alumni representing different firms and industries
- 11/18/22: Attendance for Accounting Alumni Luncheon
- 1/3/23-1/4/23: New York Trip, including a visit to PwC New York (with a presentation by a partner in charge of consulting services), a Broadway play, and a visit to J&J HQ in New Brunswick, NJ, for a presentation by senior execs
- 2/24/23: Meghan McGettigan, Partner PwC
- TBD: Service learning initiative coordinated by Grace Reed
- 4/26/23: Hall of Fame dinner at The Union League
- 5/5/23: Sutula Induction Dinner in the Hall of Fame room in Hagan Arena
2021 - 2022 Sutula Scholars
The Sutula's spent the day in New York City exploring Times Square, The Rockefeller Center, and Bryant Park. We were joined by Brandon Talisesky '14 who gave an overview of PricewaterhouseCoopers' New York City practice.
Special thanks to Johnson and Johnson for their hospitality and corporate presentations led by Joe Wolk, Executive VP and Chief Financial Officer. The Sutula's enjoyed many presentations from industry leaders as well as a special tour of Johnson and Johnson's Corporate Museum.
Toni Conti - Retired PwC Managing Partner
Brian Rizman - Partner Edgile LLC
Meghan McGettigan - Assurance Partner PwC
Sutula Alumni Pannel - CPA Exam Prep:
- Adam Dobroskey - Business Consultant at EY
- Giovanni Sparacio - Manager at Edgile LLC
- Caroline Tadduni - Cyber, Risk, and Regulatory Experienced Associate at PwC
- Conlan McAndrew - Senior Tax Associate at KPMG