Training for Businesses
Is your organization striving to become more autism-friendly? Is your school trying to better accommodate students on the spectrum? The Kinney Center's staff of autism experts can help with custom training and consulting plans designed specifically for you.
At the Kinney Center, we look for holistic opportunities to assist organizations in advancing their goals to better serve, interact with, and integrate individuals on the spectrum. Our programs and services help shine a light on ways in which organizational cultures are inclusive of those on the spectrum and identify potential improvements that can be made — driven by the overarching goal of supporting an increasingly positive perception of those with autism.
1 in 54 children are diagnosed with autism — those children grow up to become contributing members of society as consumers, employees and community members. Let Kinney help you create a plan to embrace this growing population.
- Higher Education
Autism Internships Program
The Kinney Center can work with your organization to place undergraduate students with autism in internship positions, pairing them with neuro-typical peers trained in supporting those on the spectrum. In addition, our staff can provide training sessions for management and members of teams on which these interns work. Our ongoing support services include:
- Holding regular status calls with management
- Creating social accommodation plans
- Conducting weekly meetings with interns to integrate constructive feedback and newly developed skills throughout the process
Training and Consultation
The Kinney Center has established itself as a top-tier clinical interventions and support service provider, with a niche consulting arm for businesses that value welcoming and sensory-friendly practices and spaces for a more diverse customer and employee base.
The Kinney Center staff has worked with:
- Aer Lingus — Developed resources to make travel smooth and enjoyable for all guests, including those on the autism spectrum.
- The Philadelphia Zoo — Helped identify and create sensory friendly spaces for autistic guests and trained staff to create a welcoming environment.
- Merrill Lynch — Trained staff and managers on working with employees on the spectrum; accomplished in conjunction with our ASPIRE interns.
- Vertex Inc. — Provided neurodiverse and neurotypical interns with support.
- Computer Aid, Inc. — Trained staff and managers on working with neurodiverse employees.
In addition, the following colleges and schools have engaged the Kinney Center to learn how its services for students with autism can be applied on their respective campuses:
- Chestnut Hill College
- Alvernia College
- Xavier University
- LeTourneau University
- Samuel Gompers School
The Kinney Center offers opportunities for your team to earn required continuing education credits in an array of specialized subject areas:
- The Diversity at Work Training Series for Human Resources Professionals
- Supporting College Students With Autism Spectrum Disorder for Therapists, Social Workers, and College Personnel
- Organizational Autism Education Training Sessions for IBCCES Certificate Holders
Reach out to program director, David Square, to learn how we can customize solutions based on your specific needs and goals.