Creating a Culture of Inclusion and Respect
What can I do to create a culture of inclusion and respect at Saint Joseph’s University?
- If you witness or experience discrimination, harassment, or bias motivated, report the behavior.
- Examine your own behavior and consider how it may affect others in the community.
- Learn more about implicit bias by visiting the Kirwan Institute’s website.
- Take steps to understand what motivates you and how you can help create an affirming, supportive environment for all people.
- Attend programs, lectures, and workshops that increase your knowledge and understanding of power, privilege, and difference.
- Speak out when jokes or comments are made that demean others. Need help learning how to do this? For some quick tips, check out this brief piece from Kerry Ann Rockquemore of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity.