We encourage all individuals who have experienced, or know someone who has experienced sexual misconduct to report to law enforcement, the University, and/or an external agency, but we acknowledge that choosing whether and where to report is a very personal and nuanced decision.
You are entitled:
- to report to only one of the below options,
- to report to one or more of the below options simultaneously, or
- to not make a report at all.
Making a Report to Law Enforcement
We encourage those who have been impacted by criminal misconduct to contact law enforcement by calling 911. Both the Lower Merion and Philadelphia Police can be contacted through 911. The Office of Public Safety and Security or the Title IX Coordinator can assist you in contacting law enforcement.
Note: Definitions from University policy regarding prohibited conduct may differ from those used by the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Making a Report to the University
- E-mail Title IX Coordinators
- Call 610-660-1145
- Online Reporting Form
- Anonymous reporting available through this form
Note that “making a report” to the University is not the same as “filing a formal complaint” under the University’s Interim Grievance Policy for Addressing Formal Complaints of Sexual Harassment Under Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972. Please see the below section about how to file a formal complain
Making a Report to an External Agency
Inquiries may be made externally to:
- U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights, Philadelphia Office
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, Philadelphia Regional Office
- 110 North 8th Street, Suite 501, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Philadelphia District Office