The combined University academic structure was born from a highly collaborative and thoughtful process that involved the faculties of both institutions. It takes into consideration the needs of today’s students and those far into the future, while preserving each institutions’ individual legacies and the depth and breadth of all programs.
Our conversations and decisions were grounded, first and foremost, in our shared sense of mission and integration vision:
- Keeping the student at the center of all that we do
- An eye toward the future with new program possibilities and unique degree combinations
- Celebrating our collective and individual legacies and histories
- Financial stability, so that we can serve generations of students to come
College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
- Core of general education program
- Exciting career pathways
- Natural sciences, social sciences and humanities
Haub School of Business
- Integrate University of the Sciences pharmaceutical business programs
School of Health Professions
The new School of Health Professions will include the historic Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and physician’s assistant programs; be the home of SJU’s Master of Health Administration and health informatics programs; and integrate USciences’ health sciences and SJU’s health studies programs. The Philadelphia College of Pharmacy’s reputation and legacy will be stewarded through the continued use of its name and identity, and the Samson name will be honored within the School of Health Professions.
- Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
- University of the Sciences (USciences) occupational therapy, physical therapy and physician assistant programs
- Saint Joseph's master in health administration and health informatics programs
- Integrates USciences' health programs and Saint Joseph's health studies programs
School of Education and Human Development
This new and exciting school is positioned to support healthy communities through the development of leaders in education, behavioral health and social services. Its programs include all current Saint Joseph's University education degrees and the SJU degree in clinical mental health counseling. It will be able to quickly launch programs in high-demand careers such as social work and school counseling. In addition, it can respond to the pressing need to provide doctoral-level education for individuals preparing to become higher education health care faculty members.
- Positioned to support healthy communities
- Education, behavioral health and social services
- Opportunities for rapid program additions
Most of our adult, non-credit, non-academic certificates and continuing professional education programs will be slightly reorganized and now be known as the School of Continuing and Professional Studies. This move provides structure and a home to programs that were distributed throughout the universities, and it can be accomplished within the existing administrative framework. Both Saint Joseph's University and University of the Sciences fully online graduate degree programs, including USciences Online, will be embedded within their respective academic schools.