School of Health Professions Research
Research is a key aspect of the School of Health Professions. We prepare graduates of our school to become innovative leaders in healthcare and science by offering opportunities for planning, conducting, publishing and presenting student-directed research under the guidance of our expert faculty. Our students also have access to state-of-the-art facilities, giving them a taste of working with equipment in real-world laboratory settings.
Labs & Facilities
State-of-the-art learning labs and facilities available to our students prepare them well for exciting careers in their field. Learn more about available spaces by visiting the following links below:
- Occupational Therapy Facilities: Includes Pediatric Sensory Lab and BTE Technologies™ Advanced Training Research Lab.
- Physical Therapy Facilities: Includes the Motion Analysis Laboratory in the Patricia Leahy Memorial Research Laboratory and in the BTE Technologies™ Rehabilitation Research Laboratory.
- Pharmacy Practice Facilities: Includes a compounding laboratory, the Continuum of Care Simulation Suite, model pharmacies and team-based learning room.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Facilities: Includes a compounding laboratory, tissue culture laboratory, pharmacology laboratory and the Industrial Pharmacy Laboratory (IPHL)
- Physician Assistant Facilities: Includes a simulation center and learning spaces in the Integrated Professional Education Complex (IPEX), dedicated to the PA program and students.
The School of Health Professions faculty members are practitioner-scholars who are working at the cutting edge of science and healthcare and bring their enormous wealth of knowledge into the classroom. They work closely with both undergraduate and graduate students on a number of research opportunities inside and outside the classroom.
Learn more about their research interests and current projects by visiting the following links below:
- Department of Health Sciences Faculty Research Expertise
- Department of Occupational Therapy Faculty Research Expertise
- Department of Pharmacy Practice Faculty Research Expertise
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty Research Expertise
- Department of Physical Therapy Faculty Research Expertise
Saint Joseph’s University and the School of Health Professions offers numerous research opportunities for students. Visit the University’s Research website to learn more about student research programs, which include:
- Explorers and Scholars in Science Program: Available to highly qualified first-year students who are interested in pursuing pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology/toxicology.
- Summer Scholars Program: Provides support for currently-enrolled undergraduates (and students in five-year programs) to engage in summer research alongside a faculty mentor.
- Master’s/Doctoral-Level Research: Academic research with faculty experts who will help you think critically and strategically; available for the following SHP programs: