Alpha Iota Delta
Alpha Iota Delta is the national honor society for the Department of Decision and System Sciences. It is affiliated with the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI), a multidisciplinary international association dedicated to advancing knowledge and improving instruction in all business and related disciplines.
The purposes of Alpha Iota Delta are to confer distinction for academic excellence in the decision sciences and information systems; to promote the use of the methodologies, concepts and tools of decision sciences and information systems; and to promote professional fellowship among students, faculty and administrators who share a common interest in the development of decision sciences and information systems.
The Alpha Mu chapter at Saint Joseph’s University received its charter during the annual meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute in San Francisco in November of 2005 and was awarded the National Chapter of the Year in November of 2008 at the annual meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute in Baltimore, Maryland.
At present, the honor society has 54 chapters at universities all across the United States and Canada, with a total membership in excess of 6,000. Alpha Iota Delta is recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies for maintaining high standards for the recognition and promotion of academic excellence in higher education.
Alpha Iota Delta membership is open to undergraduate and graduate students with the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate students majoring or minoring in Business Intelligence and Analytics with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50, who have completed at least four qualifying courses towards the major or minor, and with a minimum GPA of 3.50 in their best four qualifying courses.
- Graduate students enrolled in an MBA or Master of Science in Business Intelligence (MSBI) program with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50, who have completed at least four qualifying courses towards the major or minor, and with a minimum GPA of 3.50 in their best four qualifying courses.
Members of the faculty and research or administration staff who have distinguished themselves in the field and/or at Saint Joseph’s University may also be inducted. Industry professionals with outstanding accomplishments in the decision sciences and/or information systems are also eligible for induction as honorary members of the chapter.
Eligibility for membership in Alpha Iota Delta automatically confers students' eligibility for membership in Omega Rho, and a single lifetime fee covers both.
Why Join Alpha Iota Delta?
There are numerous advantages to joining Alpha Iota Delta (Alpha Mu) including:
- Official recognition of academic excellence at a formal induction ceremony held for both Alpha Iota Delta and Omega Rho members
- The right to list membership on your resume to enhance potential employment opportunities
- A professional certificate of lifetime membership suitable for framing
- A lapel pin with the Alpha Iota Delta Greek letters to proudly announce membership
- An honors cord in the society’s colors (green and gold) to be worn at all academic events, most notably commencement exercises
- Valuable networking opportunities with alumni, industry members, current students and faculty
Chapter sponsorship is available to any organization wishing to meet their recruiting needs with our bright, accomplished leaders. Please contact Ruben A. Mendoza, Ph.D. for details.