Adult Learner Advising
All Adult Learner students are assigned a primary advisor who is located in the Advising Center for their major. Those majoring in English and education are also assigned a faculty advisor within their academic department.
Through the advising process, we help students to:
- Manage their transition to Saint Joseph's;
- Develop an academic plan for completing requirements for graduation;
- Develop long range educational goals; and,
- Identify opportunities and resources that will enrich their education.
Advising is available for current and returning students through in-person or phone one-on-one advising sessions. For more information regarding student advising email email@example.com. To schedule an advising appointment, please locate your advisor in Starfish. Your advisor is listed in your success network.
DegreeWorks provides an electronic version of your curriculum plan. You can review the courses you have completed and see the courses you still need to complete for your degree. DegreeWorks also allows you to print an unofficial transcript. You can access DegreeWorks from the main page of the Nest.
It is important to register for classes as early as possible.
To prepare for registration:
- Review the course schedule on the Nest. It is posted 1-2 weeks prior to registration.
- Schedule an advising appointment
- Or, if you prefer, you can email your course choices to firstname.lastname@example.org and an advisor will review and respond within 48 hours.
- DegreeWorks helps you to easily identify what courses you still need so you can work with the advising team to select your courses.
Saint Joseph's has three semester-length terms each year: fall, spring and summer. For adult students, each term is broken into two 8-week modules. This allows students to focus on only one or two courses in each 8-week module. The accelerated format provides more flexibility for busy adult students.