Career Fair: Info for Employers
Save the Dates! Saint Joseph’s University invites you to join us at one of our in-person Career Fairs in Fall 2022:
Science & Health Career Fair
Thursday, September 8th from 1-3pm
University City Campus
PT & OT Residency & Fellowship Showcase and Career Fair
Alumni Career Panel: Thursday, September 8th from 12-1pm
Showcase & Career Fair: Thursday, September 8th from 1-3pm
University City Campus
Hawk Hill Career Fair
Wednesday, September 21st from 2-5pm
Hawk Hill Campus
Registration for all fairs will open on Handshake on June 1st.
Virtual Career Fair: Schedules
It’s time to set up your schedule for the fair. Follow these steps to ensure you and your colleagues are set up for success on the day of the fair!
1. Set Up Your Schedule
You can schedule 30-minute group meetings with students or 10 minute 1:1s during the fair. Please watch the following video or reference the following article detailing how to set up your schedule on Handshake.
*Note: Only the fair registrant will be able to set the schedule for all company representatives. If you realize this should be someone else after the registration has been created, you can reach out to Career Services to request a change to the schedule owner.
- Group Sessions
- Group sessions are 30 minutes long by default, and each organization registration includes an unlimited amount of 30-minute sessions, whether Handshake video or an external provider is used.
- Note: The purpose of group sessions is to share general information and answer questions about your company and the jobs and internship opportunities you offer. These sessions are open to all class years and majors.
- 1:1 Sessions
- 1:1 sessions let your team members meet with individual, qualified students for 10-minute video conversations. All 1:1 sessions are 10 minutes long and cannot be changed.
- Note: While employers will have the opportunity to set preferences on their 1:1 meetings to efficiently use virtual interaction time, we are encouraging employers to keep these conversations open to as many students as possible.
2. Company Representatives Claim Schedules
Once you, the fair registrant, have created schedules for you and your colleagues, your coworkers will be able to claim their individual schedules. They will each receive an automated email from Handshake and should click on the link in their email to claim their schedules. Alternatively, the company representative can log in to Handshake, navigate to the fair, then click on the "Schedules" tab to claim their schedule.
*NOTE: If a company representative does not claim their schedule then it will not be available for students to sign up for sessions. For more information on this process, please refer to this article.
3. Managing Schedule Changes
Any changes that need to be made to the schedule may only be made by the fair registrant (also known as Schedule Owner). This individual will be able to manage group sessions and add/remove 1:1 session preferences. This article provides information on schedule management.
4. Ensure your device and browser are set up for success.
Preparation for the Career Fair includes making sure you and your colleagues meet the right requirements to use audio and video smoothly. It's a good idea to log in to the session early on the day of the fair to grant permissions needed by your computer/browser and test audio, video and screen sharing. Also, don't forget to review the Handshake video requirements. Additionally, please make sure to download Google Chrome Browser before the Career Fair. You may experience technical difficulties using other browsers.
Virtual Career Fair: What to Do the Day of the Fair
Please watch the following Handshake videos or reference the following article detailing what the day of the fair will look like:
In order to access the fair on the day of the event, please use this link. If this link does not work, follow these steps:
- Log in to Handshake
- Select "Fairs" from the left-hand navigation of your account
- Type "Saint Joseph's University" into the search box
- Select "Spring 2022 "It's Not Too Late" Virtual Career Fair"
*NOTE: You'll be able to launch sessions up to 60 minutes early. Students are able to join up to 5 minutes early, so please know that if you are in a session early, students could appear in the room as well.
Please review student Handshake profiles prior to 1:1 sessions.
Virtual Career Fair: FAQs
Scheduling will honor employer preferences. For smaller and local employers we will recommend group sessions to reach as many students as possible. A large employer may have the resources to send multiple representatives that can create 1:1 availability throughout the day.
There are two modes of virtual fair engagement:
- 30-minute group sessions
- Handshake video: can support up to 50 participants total
- External video platform link: if the employer prefers their own video platform for large group sessions or expects to engage with more than 50 participants in group sessions
- 10 minute 1:1 sessions
- Hosted via Handshake video or external video platform (can be changed to an external link individually after the schedule is created).
The length of both of these sessions cannot be changed, however, sessions will remain open and automatically close 20 minutes after the scheduled end time to allow for ongoing conversation.
- 30-minute group sessions
No, employers can’t ask custom questions as a part of student registration.
Students may leave a session and rejoin at any time. Students can also cancel session sign-ups up until the time it is scheduled to start. Handshake sends students warnings whenever a session is canceled to promote professional behavior.
If a team member is unable to attend a one-to-one session their entire schedule must be removed or transferred to another team member who does not have an existing schedule. Please reference the "Remove or Transfer Schedule" section of this article for step-by-step instructions.
For one-on-one blocks, you are able to mark individual 10-minute sessions as "busy" by clicking the three dots to the far right in the row, then clicking "mark as busy." A best practice: make sure you account for any needed breaks or lunches in your schedule by marking appropriate one-to-one sessions as "busy" — this allows for a 10-minute break.
Students can sign up for one-to-one sessions up until the time the session is to begin. This means that if you have an open time slot, a student can decide to take it right before it begins. A best practice: continuously refresh your screen in between sessions to check if new students have signed up!