We’ve designed our admission process to get to know you as a whole person. We don’t require standardized test scores, but our team looks closely at your academic accomplishments — we like to see strong performance in challenging courses. We're just as interested in understanding your personal interests and accomplishments, both in school and your community, and in reading your personal essay.
We look forward to reviewing your application. If you have questions at any time during the process, contact us.
|Application Type||Application Deadline||Decision Notification by|
|Early Decision I/ Early Action||November 15||December 20|
|Early Decision II||January 15||February 15|
|Regular Decision||March 1||March 15|
We require a high school diploma or recognized equivalent for admission to Saint Joseph’s University. Standard secondary school coursework includes the following core subject areas:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics
- 2 years of history
- 2 years of a laboratory science
- 2 years of a world language
Competitive applicants typically exceed the minimum requirements and have taken four years in all five core subject areas.
Submit these materials in time for us to receive them by the application deadline that you've chosen.
- Common Application or Saint Joseph’s Application
- High School Transcript(s) sent directly from your secondary school to Saint Joseph’s University
- Letter of Academic Recommendation from a teacher or counselor, sent to us directly from your secondary school or the recommender
- Personal Essay using prompts from the Common Application
- Early Decision Agreement, if applicable, signed by you, a parent/guardian, and a school counselor
- Two letters of recommendation from outside your immediate family
- One letter assessing your academic ability
- One letter attesting to after-school involvement
- Homeschool transcript
- Standardized test scores (ACT or SAT)
- Course outlines or syllabi
- Homeschool Supplement Form to be completed by the adult educator or homeschool program
We expect a competitive applicant to achieve a battery average of 550 in the GEDs, which is the equivalent of having been in the top 25% of your high school class. In addition, we expect you to have achieved a minimum score of 520 on each section. Along with test scores, we review your essay, activities and recommendations holistically in order to make sure that you are a good academic match for Saint Joseph’s University.
Submit these if you think they will strengthen your application.
- ACT or SAT scores may be sent directly from the testing agency or self-reported on your application or uploaded to your SJU Admission Account. SAT scores will be super-scored; we’ll take your highest composite ACT score. Learn more >
- Resume or supplementary documents uploaded to your SJU Admission Account.
You can choose to meet one-on-one with a representative from the Office of Undergraduate Admission. Interviews are not required and are non-evaluative. You will not be at a disadvantage if you are unable to interview during the application process.
How to Submit Application Materials
Saint Joseph's University
Office of Undergraduate Admission
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131
By Fax: 610-660-1314
By Email: email@example.com
Saint Joseph's University School Codes
- College Board: 2801
- ACT: 3684
- FAFSA: 003367
- TOEFL: 2801
Check Your Application Status
You will receive an email within 48 hours of submitting your application. This email will detail instructions to activate your SJU Admission Account. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to ensure you receive important emails from our office.
On this account you can track the status of your required documents, request changes to your application and view your decision letter.
If you do not receive this email or cannot access your account, call 610-660-1300.
Already activated your account? Click here to check your application status.