Policies & Procedures
- No smoking.
- Valid SJU ID required for entrance.
- Guests must be accompanied by a SJU member, student, or employee.
- Proper gym attire is required of all patrons.
- Clothing should be comfortable and allow for freedom of movement, and be free from anything that may become caught or tangled in equipment. T-shirts and athletic shorts/ pants are required. T-shirts/ tank tops should cover the majority of the torso, both front and back. Athletic shoes must be worn at all times, but may be removed for activities (e.g. yoga) that are traditionally performed barefoot. (ARC)
- No dunking or hanging on basketball rims.
- Food and drink prohibited. Water bottles are allowed.
- All bags MUST be put in lockers.
- Respect the privacy, privileges and property of others.
- Those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Report any injuries, incidents or problems to our fitness center attendants, supervisors and/or professional staff members.
- Use of facilities and equipment is at your own risk.
- The University is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Fitness Center Rules
- Familiarize yourself with equipment before using it.
- Wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Do not drop the weights.
- A spotter MUST be present for heavy lifts.
- Replace weights on the racks.
- No one under the age of 17 is permitted to utilize this equipment.
- Patrons are expected to exhibit proper conduct and respect the rights of others. Engaging in unacceptable, unsafe or inappropriate behavior may result in the loss of facility privileges.
- Olympic or explosive weight lifting is strongly discouraged. The campus recreation team reserves the right to ask patrons to discontinue any lifting fitting this description.
Esport Lab Policies
- Valid SJU ID required for entrance, no guest passes.
- Food and drink prohibited. Water bottles allowed.
- Installing software or troubleshooting peripherals is not permitted.
- Contact lab supervisor with any technology issues.
Locker Room Policies (Men's and Women's)
- Patrons may bring their own lock to use at this time.
- ARC patrons may bring their own lock to use as a day-lock or may inquire upon the availability of purchasing a year-lock to leave belongings in overnight. Any day-locks will be cut and removed on a regular basis if kept on overnight.
- Please turn off showers when finished.
- Report any problems to professional staff.
- Locker rooms may be closed for varsity events.
Equipment & Facility Rental
- Basketballs, volleyballs and other recreation equipment can be found in the O'Pake supervisors office. Equipment at the ARC can be obtained at the Front Counter. SJU IDs must be held in the office and given back once equipment is returned.
- O'Pake yard games and other equipment can be used upon request by emailing Dan Yen.
- O'Pake Internal facility rentals may be requested by emailing Dan Yen. O'Pake external rentals may be requested by emailing Mary Klebon.
- For ARC facility rental information call 215-596-7392 or email Tricia Purcell.