Transfer Application Process
It is recommended to view the SJU online application in Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Transfer applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year and qualified applicants will receive an admission decision approximately two weeks after their application is complete.
- a minimum of 12 transferable credits
- typically, students with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher are considered for admission
- typical recipients of transfer scholarships have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Application fee ($50)
- Official high school transcript with date of graduation
- Transfer Registrar's report form: transfer registrar's form(2016).pdfPublication Date:01/01/0000
- Official college transcript from each institution attended
- Course syllabi from all college level courses taken
- We accept ZeeMee profiles as an optional section of the application. ZeeMee is a free platform which allows students to create a unique profile using images, videos, and documents. You can create your profile today at ZeeMee.com.
- Social security number is required on the application for admission if applying for federal financial aid with a Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA)
Students have the option to submit a Transfer Applicant Mid-Term Grade Report to reflect their current academic progress. If you are a transfer applicant in your first semester, you are strongly encouraged to submit this form.
Transfer students will be reviewed for merit-based scholarships based upon their cumulative grade point average from their previous college(s). Saint Joseph's also awards the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship to those students actively involved in the two-year academic honor society. Phi Theta Kappa membership certification may be requested by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Visit the scholarships section of the website for more information on financial assistance.
Wondering about what credits will transfer? Here are some helpful links:
Transferring from a community college?
Saint Joseph’s University has partnered with community colleges in order to make the experience for transfer students more seamless and efficient. These partnerships allow students to acquire an Associates Degree and then transfer to SJU in the fall of their junior year and complete a Bachelors Degree. See SJU's Articulation Agreements now.
Contact your Transfer Admissions Counselor
Steven Rodgers, Assistant Director
Are you an adult student? We have special resources available for you. Please visit the Adult Learner Application Process page to learn more about applying.