Each year, Saint Joseph's students graduate with jobs in their intended career fields. The rate of students finding a job after graduation is high across the board for every major, year after year. And 76% of undergraduate students say they secured their first opportunity through the Career Development Center, networking or experiential education.
At Saint Joseph's University, you will be challenged to explore your passions and develop your talents to prepare for what lies ahead. This includes, of course, helping you navigate your early career path.
The heart of your career support at Saint Joseph's University is the Career Development Center, where a variety of services are available for undergraduates, graduates, adult learners and alumni.
Our Mission: Your Future
The Career Development Center offers counseling for graduate students and alumni as well as undergraduate students and works closely with the Saint Joseph's Alumni Association to create virtual and in-person networking opportunities, facilitating connections for over 75,000 alumni.
Saint Joseph's hires expert faculty with deep connections to industry and has several alumni industry affinity groups — such as the Real Estate and Construction and Law Alumni Chapters. Through the academic departments and Career Development Center, Saint Joseph's also maintains strong partnerships with major companies throughout the region and country to help students secure internship, co-op and job opportunities.
Career Development Center
- Individual Career-Counseling Appointments (in-person, phone & Zoom video platform)
- Lifelong Career Planning Assistance for students and alumni
- Drop-Ins for Resume and Cover Letter Critiques and Quick Questions
- Interview Preparation and Mock Interviews
- Choosing/Changing Your Major Assistance
- Graduate/Professional School/Pre-Law Advising
- Career Assessments
- Networking with Alumni utilizing SJU Connects and SJU Career and Networking Group on LinkedIn
- Listings for Full and Part-Time Jobs and Internships in Handshake
- Career Fairs
- On-Campus Interviewing for Internships and Full Time Positions
- Workshops and Events
- Career toolkits on Canvas for current students
Whether you’re looking for full-time or internship opportunities to advance your career or for an on-campus part-time job, Handshake can help you with the following:
- Apply to full-time, part-time, internship, volunteer/service and on-campus job opportunities.
- Gather information about career fairs
- Upload your resume for a critique
- Get details and RSVP for career events
- Apply for on-campus interview opportunities
- Research and follow companies
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Early morning and evening appointments offered; please log in to Handshake to schedule an appointment.
Drop-ins are offered for resume critiques and quick questions:
Monday-Friday: 1 – 3:45 p.m. (When classes are in session)