Each year, Saint Joseph's students graduate with jobs in their intended career fields. The rate of students finding a job after graduation is high across the board for every major, year after year.
At Saint Joseph's University, you will be challenged to explore your passions and develop your talents to prepare for what lies ahead. This includes, of course, helping you navigate your early career path.
The heart of your career support at Saint Joseph's University is the Career Development Center, where a variety of services are available for undergraduates, graduates, adult learners and alumni.
Our Mission: Your Future
The Career Development Center offers counseling for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni. They work closely with the Saint Joseph's Alumni Association to create virtual and in-person networking opportunities, facilitating connections for over 75,000 alumni.
Saint Joseph's hires expert faculty with deep connections to industry and has several alumni industry affinity groups, such as the Real Estate and Construction and Law Alumni Chapters. Through the academic departments and Career Development Center, Saint Joseph's also maintains strong partnerships with major companies throughout the region and country to help students secure internship, co-op and job opportunities.
Get a Head Start on Your Career
- Individual career counseling appointments (in-person, phone and video)
- Lifelong career planning assistance for students and alumni
- Drop-in centers for resume and cover letter critiques and quick questions
- Mock interviews
- Choosing/changing your major assistance
- Graduate/professional school advising
- Career assessments
- Networking with alumni through SJU Connects and SJU Hawk Career Network
- Full and part-time job and internship listings on Handshake
- Career fairs, workshops and events
- On-campus interviews for interns and graduating students
- Job search/prep resources
Whether you’re looking for a full-time or part-time job or internship opportunity to advance your career, Handshake can help. Handshake is a platform where you can search for jobs, internships or volunteer work, learn about upcoming career fairs, research companies, apply for on-campus job interviews and more.
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Some early and evening appointments are offered; please visit Handshake to see availability. Drop-Ins are offered for resume critiques and quick questions from Monday-Friday, 1:00-3:45 p.m. (when classes are in session) with no appointment required.
5600 City Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Our office is located behind the Maguire Wolfington Welcome Center at 5800 City Ave.