Transfer Policies and Agreements
Students may transfer credits to SJU through Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs or by earning credits at another accredited college or university or through dual enrollment programs. Students may transfer a maximum of 60 earned college credits or 20 courses.
In order for credit to be awarded for a course taken elsewhere, including dual enrollment, Saint Joseph's requires that the course must meet the following criteria:
- Taken through a regionally accredited college or university
- Earned 3.00 credit hours or higher, with the grade of “C” or better
- Taught by a member of the college faculty
Students must complete the following in order for their credits to be reviewable:
- Transfer Credit Request Form requiring the above criteria be verified by the college or university Registrar at the institution where the credits were earned.
- Official College transcripts with grades and credits. Note that only courses with 3.00 credit hours or higher and a grade of C or better will be considered for transfer.
- Course description or Syllabus for each course taken.
Transfer students must submit all materials by the first day of classes of their semester of matriculation at SJU.
For incoming freshmen, the deadline for the submission of the required documents is August 1, prior to the semester of their enrollment at Saint Joseph’s.
Request for credit transfers beyond the deadline is at the discretion of the Office of the Dean.
Final decisions about any transfer credits are at the discretion of the Office of the Dean.
Adult Learner Program
- An official transcript is required from all previously attended colleges and universities for admission and transfer of credit.
- Courses will only be transferred from regionally accredited colleges or universities unless approved by the Dean’s office.
- Grades earned from previous college coursework do not transfer to Saint Joseph’s University and are not calculated into the Saint Joseph’s grade point average.
- A grade of C or better is required for all transfer courses.
- Courses valued at fewer than three-semester credits are ordinarily not transferable of themselves, but in some instances may be combined with similar courses for the equivalent of one three‐credit course.
- Course syllabi are required for all courses to determine transferability.
- A maximum of 25 courses may be transferred to Saint Joseph’s University
- Adult Learner students are required to complete a minimum of fifteen classes (45 credits) at Saint Joseph’s University. At least four of these courses must be upper-division work in their major.
Saint Joseph’s University has Articulation Agreements with other colleges to facilitate the transfer of credits. Please refer back to this list as it is updated regularly.
Appeejay Stya University students are guaranteed admission into Saint Joseph’s University (SJU) day-time bachelor degree programs if they are entering their third year of full-time study and have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher. The following Appeejay Stya University degree programs are designated as part of the Agreement:
Journalism and Mass Communications
Business – B.Com and BBA
Bucks County Community College (“Bucks”) graduates are guaranteed admission into Saint Joseph’s University (“SJU”) bachelor degree programs if they have completed and submitted a Dual Admissions Intent To Enroll Form on or before completion of thirty (30) transferable credits from Bucks, graduate from Bucks with a designated Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree, and satisfied the transfer admissions requirements as indicated below. The following associate degree programs are designated as part of the Dual Admissions Agreement:
- Art and Art History
- Biomedical Sciences*
- Business Administration*
- Communication Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Education Pre-K to 4th Grade*
- Environmental Science*
- Health Science*
- Psychology – Interpersonal Emphasis
- Psychology – Pre-Professional Emphasis*
- Science *
- Social Science
Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.50 or higher within an associate’s degree program of study. Students must enroll at SJU on a full-time basis in an undergraduate day program.
Access SJU's General Education Program (GEP) Transfer Guide for Bucks students.
*Students transferring within these majors will be required to complete additional classes at either Bucks or Saint Joseph's University to fulfill the 40 class curriculum requirement needed for a bachelor’s degree at Saint Joseph's.
This Dual Admission agreement guarantees Community College of Philadelphia students admission into Saint Joseph’s University for select bachelor degree programs in the Adult Learner Degree Completion Programs through Professional and Liberal Studies and Haub Degree Completion. The following associate degrees are designated as part of the agreement:
Professional and Liberal Studies (Arts and Sciences)
- American Sign Language / English Interpreting
- Communication Studies – Speech
- Health Service Management
- Liberal Arts – General Option
- Liberal Arts – Social / Behavioral Science Option
- Paralegal Studies
Haub Degree Completion (Business)
- Business Administration
Students must achieve a minimum GPA of 2.5 with an associate’s program of study, and sign a Dual Admission Intent to Enroll Form available through a CCP Transfer Counselor or Program Advisor.
Students interested in this Agreement should contact the Counseling Center at CCP or call 215-751-8000.
Delaware County Community College (DCCC) graduates are guaranteed admission into Saint Joseph’s University (SJU) bachelor degree programs, if they have completed and submitted a Dual Admissions Intent to Enroll Form on or before completion of thirty (30) transferable credits from DCCC, graduate from DCCC with a designated Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Fine Arts (A.F.A.) and satisfy the transfer admission requirements as indicated below. The following associate degree programs are designated as part of the Dual Admissions Agreement:
- Administration of Justice
- Business Administration
- Communication Arts – Journalism, Communication Studies, or Theater
- Computer Science
- Global Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Mathematics/Natural Science
- Political Science
- Science for Health Professions
- Studio Arts
Program-to-Program worksheets outlining how DCCC classes transfer to SJU are available by contacting email@example.com and requesting the worksheet. Students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.50 or higher within an associate’s degree program of study. Students must enroll at SJU on a full-time basis in an undergraduate day program. Interested students should contact a Transfer Counselor at DCCC in the career and Counseling center (room 1325) at the Marple Campus, or go to Learner Services at other campuses. For more information and to learn how to schedule an appointment, please click www.dccc.edu/transfer.
Access SJU's General Education Program Transfer Guide for DCCC students.
Under this Dual Admissions Agreement, MCCC students will be guaranteed admission into a Bachelor’s Degree program with third year (junior) status at Saint Joseph’s University on the condition that they: graduate from MCCC with an Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree or an Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree in the areas listed below:
- Business Administration, A.S.
- Computer Science, A.S.
- Physical Science, A.S.
- Education in the Early Years (Pre K-4), A.A.
- Middle Years Education (4 – 8), A.A.
- Mathematics, A.A.
- Music, A.A.
- Social Sciences (History concentration, Psychology concentration), A.A.
- Theatre Arts, A.A.
Students who wish to take part in this Agreement must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 at the time of the student’s application to SJU and must maintain such cumulative grade point average through completion of the Associate’s degree from MCCC. Any students interested in transferring to any program in the Department of Teacher Education must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher to meet the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s teacher education certification requirement. All students must sign the Dual Admissions Intent form before they have completed their 30th credit at MCCC. Once a student has completed this form, he or she is strongly encouraged to submit official transcripts from Montgomery County Community College and meet with an SJU admissions representative for a transfer evaluation.
Students interested in this Agreement should go to the Student Success Center, located on both the Main Campus in Blue Bell (215-641-6577) and the West Campus in Pottstown (610-718-1906). Click here for more information about MCCC.
Pennsylvania Institute of Technology (PIT) graduates are guaranteed admission into Saint Joseph’s University (SJU) select Adult Learner bachelor degree programs in Professional and Liberal Studies and Haub Degree Completion if they graduate from PIT with a designated Associate’s Degree and satisfy SJU Adult Learner transfer admission requirements. The Associate degree majors designated as part of the SJU Dual Admissions Agreement include:
- Behavioral Health
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Health Care Administration
Students must achieve a cumulative transfer GPA of a 2.50 or higher within an associate’s degree program of study.