Facilities and Labs
Our laboratories, technology-equipped classrooms and specialized facilities are located on our Hawk Hill and University City campuses and offer opportunities for students to conduct hands-on research and sophisticated analyses.
The Science Center allows students to put their classroom work into action and engage in research projects with our faculty.
Saint Joseph’s University offers research laboratories, instrument core facilities, cold rooms, a constant temperature room, an NMR Spectrometer Laboratory for sophisticated molecular structure analysis and a Chemistry Core Facility with high-end instrumentation on our University City campus.
- Department Computer Cluster: a dedicated computer laboratory containing 16 PCs and two printers
- West Center for Computational Chemistry & Drug Discovery: home for over 2,000 processors for complex computer applications
- NMR Spectrometer Laboratory: available for sophisticated molecular structure analysis
- Chemistry Core Facility
Occupational Therapy Facilities
The Pediatric Sensory Lab is an integral part of our occupational therapy education approach. The lab features a ball pit, swings, and a rock wall where you’ll learn to guide patients in sensory feedback, gross motor activities, body control, and balance.
The BTE Technologies™ Advanced Training and Research Lab is equipped with the most advanced technology in the field, allowing you to learn about the most effective treatment options. BTE is widely regarded as the leading provider of advanced solutions for testing and rehabilitation and has always been known for its excellence in work simulation and therapy.
Pharmaceutical Sciences Facilities
Our pharmaceutical facilities are located at our University City campus and include a tissue culture laboratory, pharmacology laboratory and industrial pharmacy laboratory as well as a compounding laboratory where courses associated with drug discovery and development, pharmaceutical manufacturing and cosmetics science are held:
- Compounding Laboratory: a multi-purpose facility designed to train students in techniques associated with basic compounding
- Pharmacology Laboratory: a state-of-the-art lab with equipment for pharmacology, drug discovery and drug development research
- Tissue culture lab: allows for students to learn the important skills of aseptic/sterile handling and culturing of animal tissue and cells
- Industrial Pharmacy Laboratory: a full-scale, GLP-compliant pharmaceutical research facility serving the drug delivery research needs of the current drug pipeline, including small molecules and proteins.
Saint Joseph’s is committed to preparing our graduates for successful careers in pharmacy professions by providing cutting-edge learning labs and facilities that support team-based learning and integrate well with our innovative competency-based curriculum. These environments offer a true reflection of the future of healthcare.
- Continuum of Care Simulation Suite: designed to simulate the full range and process of patient care, from community pharmacy to an intensive care unit
- Model inpatient pharmacy: a community pharmacy with a waiting room and two patient interview rooms
Physical Therapy Facilities
Our physical therapy facilities include a Motion Analysis Laboratory located in the Patricia Leahy Memorial Research Laboratory as well as in the BTE Technologies™ Rehabilitation Research Laboratory on our University City campus. Both labs are equipped with some of the most advanced technology in the field.
On our Hawk Hill campus, our psychology facilities include several technology-equipped classrooms, a computer laboratory, and individual faculty research laboratories:
- Pediatric Sleep Lab
- Child Development Lab
- Clinical Psychology Lab
- Sensation and Perception Lab
- Emotion Lab
- Learning Lab
- Neuropsychology Lab
- Psychoacoustics Lab
- Social Psychology Lab